Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
ADM's here we come. This won't be a "what % off invoice did you get" conversation but a "how much over MSRP did you pay".
Yep.
The good news is, they won’t be equally popular everywhere, and production will eventually meet or exceed demand.

When Ford restarted Raptor production in 2018 Oregon dealers were slapping $10,000 -$15,000 ADM on them. I called all over the place to find a reasonable deal, but found the same thing in Washington and California.
I wanted one really bad, so I offered MSRP, something I NEVER do, at two different dealers near home. Both turned me down without even a counteroffer. After the second dealer turned me down I went to eBay and found reputable dealers in Texas, Maine, Ohio, and elsewhere that were advertising Raptors for sale at MSRP. There were at least twenty of them for sale at MSRP, or less. The Maine dealer had exactly what I wanted. I made the deal over the phone in ten minutes. I could have shipped the truck, but I turned the purchase into an excuse to see the country. My wife and I flew out to get the truck, had a great vacation, ate some good food, saw some beautiful country, met some interesting people, flipped off our local dealers, and still saved about $6,000.

If FCA builds these, and we’re patient, I think we’ll be able to get one for less than many of us already have buried in our current Jeeps. :like:
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
two things give me pause (well 2.5).

1. price
2. range on full tank of gas
3. (.5) will it come with some sort of hybrid assist that requires the big heavy battery underneath the vehicle, with all the hoses and so forth to keep it cool (or warm)

and they wont give me what i'd really like as an option, 2 door with manual transmission.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

1. price
3. (.5) will it come with some sort of hybrid assist that requires the big heavy battery underneath the vehicle, with all the hoses and so forth to keep it cool (or warm)

and they wont give me what i'd really like as an option, 2 door with manual transmission.
I have a hemi in my work vehicle (AWD Charger) and it gets surprisingly decent fuel economy in spite of terrible abuse. According to the lie-o-meter, I’m averaging about 18 mpg. Of course, it’s about 1100 pounds lighter than the Jeep, and it’s more aerodynamic, but it’s also driven much harder than most Jeeps are driven.

Sponsored

KCBRUIN

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
As much as I love the idea of the 6.4 motor in the Jeep, my wallet and and my needs still want to know why they skipped the 5.7. I’d think the 5.7 would be significantly cheaper, and sell way more units.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
As much as I love the idea of the 6.4 motor in the Jeep, my wallet and and my needs still want to know why they skipped the 5.7. I’d think the 5.7 would be significantly cheaper, and sell way more units.
The Bronco Warthog is coming and will be around 450Hp/500ftlbs.

The 6.4L plays in this range, the 5.7 doesn't come close.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The Bronco Warthog is coming and will be around 450Hp/500ftlbs.

The 6.4L plays in this range, the 5.7 doesn't come close.
True, but Jeep needs a budget-friendly power upgrade. The 2.7 V6 turbo in the standard Bronco for $1800 is an insane deal compared to anything in the Jeep lineup. If not the 5.7, Jeep needs to get the mythical I6 turbo to market ASAP.

I’m just curious if Jeep will start offering axle upgrades/lockers outside of the rubicon. That is probably the most appealing thing about the Bronco, my build is a base 4-door Bronco with Sasquatch (lockers F+R, billstein shocks, 35” tires and forged beadlock capable wheels, upgraded front axle) auto trans, hard top, V6 turbo, and it’s about $43k. You can get a rubicon wrangler for that price, but it’s gonna come with the 2.0 or 3.6 which on a day to day basis is a huge downside. If nothing else was done right on Bronco, Ford is storming out of the gate with a fantastic powertrain for a completely reasonable price. Which Jeep has lacked for the past 15 years.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
and sell way more units.
This is why.

Jeep can't afford the CAFE hit of swapping a significant number of pstars for hemis.

But the 392 gives them a Halo/bragging rights vehicle, that won't likely sell enough to matter for CAFE.

This is all probably just filler until the I6 is ready, which will give them options for standard to high power applications, but still reasonable mileage.

Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Reveal Coming Nov 17 @ 12PM ET! Production 392 Hemi V8 Jeep Wrangler Officially Teased! 14B09E17-33EE-4887-8E97-BD6705C29050

Also, I’m curious (read apprehensive) about what options FCA will force bundle with the V8. My guess is that we may see a fully loaded launch edition or certain forced options for early delivery (this is currently the case with the 4xe), but what about the long term?

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250

1. price

It won’t have any hybrid stuff in it. Where would they put it?

I have not heard pricing yet but I think the 6.4 Durango starts at $60k and the 6.4 GC starts at $70k?

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2021 Snazzberry Rubicon Unlimited (ordered 17 Oct 20)
Damn, and I just ordered my '21 4 weeks ago.....

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
So let's get back to reality.. short arms are great for low speed, not 400hp flat out like this video shows. Do they plan to incorporate long/radius arms in this jeep? Plus all the high speed/high hp upgrades?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.