Update: Power Soft Top (Sky One-Touch) Ordering / Production Pushed

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
I would like to let you all know that I got a call from my dealership Kelly Jeep in Lynnfield, MA that I could place my order for the JLU with the One touch Power Top starting now! I am going in tomorrow afternoon to place my order. I don’t think they would lie! I hope they don’t give me a call within the next 24 hours saying they were wrong. But I don’t think they will! Call your dealerships!
Can anyone confirm this? I was at my dealer at 12:45 pm est time today and he showed me the screen. It wasn’t an option!?!?
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top for the JL Wrangler opens next Thursday, April 12 and Job #1 of the power top begins May 1st.

Get those orders ready! :rock:
Jay, can you give us an update?

BREAKING (BAD) NEWS: Power Top is not available to order until May. Construction of these vehicles will begin in Mid-July. Sigh. Gregodav and I will be in the bar.
Templeton's salesman was on an allocation call and gave him the bad news.

Can you confirm this is the current timeline?

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jay, can you give us an update?

Templeton's salesman was on an allocation call and gave him the bad news.

Can you confirm this is the current timeline?
But what about the person who said his dealer called and said it is NOW available? We discounting him?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But what about the person who said his dealer called and said it is NOW available? We discounting him?
Not at all.
I just hope Jay can weigh in on the situation with what he knows.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I would like to let you all know that I got a call from my dealership Kelly Jeep in Lynnfield, MA that I could place my order for the JLU with the One touch Power Top starting now! I am going in tomorrow afternoon to place my order. I don’t think they would lie! I hope they don’t give me a call within the next 24 hours saying they were wrong. But I don’t think they will! Call your dealerships!
BREAKING (BAD) NEWS: Power Top is not available to order until May. Construction of these vehicles will begin in Mid-July. Sigh. Gregodav and I will be in the bar.
Consecutive posts, wonderful! My guess is nobody knows anything at this point and it won't be coming soon. May have to change my plans to 2019 - or 2020 at this point, who knows?

Sponsored

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
I know no one knows the real timeline yet. But if orders start in may and build in mid July we are talking about a sept delivery. At that point I think I need to wait for a 2019 which won’t be far behind. Or if it really is that delayed they should deliver it as a 2019. Why order a 2018 if two months later you can get a 2019?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any word from Kelly Jeep?

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
Any word from Kelly Jeep?

Sorry I didn’t get back to you. Unfortunately yesterday I woke up sick so I had to cancel my appointment. But I rescheduled for this weekend (Sunday) I’m going to try to get there sooner. But I did ask Samantha who is in charge of internet sales about how many other people are saying it is not available to order and she said on their computer and from their GM they got the OK to place orders for it but it will take up to 8 weeks delivery. I will obviously know more when I go in to see if I can actually place the order. I will keep you all updated!

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
Perhaps Jay should provide an update/correction so JL’ers aren’t misled by this thread? I had such hope when I first saw it! But still we wait with no end in sight.

I saw a graphite JL In my town and it looks great. But I kind of feel like he majority of JLs on the road will be graphite or silver or black and ocean blue will be somewhat unique. Totured by decisions like this, and of course waiting for the Power Top.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps Jay should provide an update/correction so JL’ers aren’t misled by this thread? I had such hope when I first saw it! But still we wait with no end in sight.

I saw a graphite JL In my town and it looks great. But I kind of feel like he majority of JLs on the road will be graphite or silver or black and ocean blue will be somewhat unique. Totured by decisions like this, and of course waiting for the Power Top.
Given it is 10:30 east coast time, and no one said "YES I ORDERED THE POWER TOP!" I would assume this thread should just be deleted. Or at the very least removed from the front page!

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top for the JL Wrangler opens next Thursday, April 12 and Job #1 of the power top begins May 1st.

Get those orders ready! :rock:
I know the day and the week are not over yet, but I agree we probably need a new Front Page Announcement about the delay, assuming it will not be available to order this week.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not getting the Sky One touch until September --- or later --- really sucks.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Fake News.:no:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fake News.:no:
I hope you are correct. I hope I am wrong.
JeepCares says July production. Chysler says July-Sept production start date. By the time we finally receive it it will be late August.
Production forecasts are seldom ahead of forecasts.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I am no longer considering this option but if I were I would definitely wait for a 2019 at this point. You will be losing an entire years depreciation for 2 months of waiting
Sponsored