Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Related info:

I just saw this: https://www.extremeterrain.com/lang...ource=bm23&utm_content=TRIGG+Category+Abandon

Extreme Terrain claims this is in stock. Interestingly, Lange sent me an email yesterday saying they aren't releasing the JL compatible version of their hoist until April 10. I emailed Lange and Extreme Terrain and told them of your experience, and saying that if their lift is not fully intended for the JL, they could wind up with customers damaging their tops. I'll post any replies I get from these companies.

Thanks, OP, for sharing your experience. It has made me very cautious in finding and purchasing a hoist. I think I'm going to wait until April 10 and order it directly from Lange to make sure I get the right one.
Interesting. I recently picked up some Seat Covers from Extreme Terrain that were also noted to fit the JL and when they arrived they most certainly did not. Makes me seriously question their Testing process especially when they are telling you this Lange lift works with the JL but Lange is literally making a new design for it that isn't out until April.....

To their credit, ET has solid customer service and they sent me a prepaid label to return the items without any fuss. It's just concerning that they are throwing JL on half the JK items on their site without proper vetting.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I recently picked up some Seat Covers from Extreme Terrain that were also noted to fit the JL and when they arrived they most certainly did not. Makes me seriously question their Testing process especially when they are telling you this Lange lift works with the JL but Lange is literally making a new design for it that isn't out until April.....

To their credit, ET has solid customer service and they sent me a prepaid label to return the items without any fuss. It's just concerning that they are throwing JL on half the JK items on their site without proper vetting.
I think you might be generous calling it a testing process. If these things all prove out to be the same kind of issue, then there is no testing process. They are assuming things will fit. I posted on a thread their guy started on this forum asking him about this. So now there are three issues....The Lange Hoist-A-Top, the Rugged Ridge spare tire CB antenna mount, and now your seat covers. The jury is still out on the Lange top and the CB antenna mount, but both manufacturers indicate those products are NOT JL compatible.

Again, IF there appears to be a pattern, then it tells me they don't know their products, and that would make me not consider doing business with them until they get it right. That CB mount has been up for awhile, so either they haven't sold any to JL customers, or, they haven't received any feedback yet.

I'll give them the beneifit of the doubt. Customer service is VERY important, so if they make it right, good on them.

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I think you might be generous calling it a testing process. If these things all prove out to be the same kind of issue, then there is no testing process. They are assuming things will fit. I posted on a thread their guy started on this forum asking him about this. So now there are three issues....The Lange Hoist-A-Top, the Rugged Ridge spare tire CB antenna mount, and now your seat covers. The jury is still out on the Lange top and the CB antenna mount, but both manufacturers indicate those products are NOT JL compatible.

Again, IF there appears to be a pattern, then it tells me they don't know their products, and that would make me not consider doing business with them until they get it right. That CB mount has been up for awhile, so either they haven't sold any to JL customers, or, they haven't received any feedback yet.

I'll give them the beneifit of the doubt. Customer service is VERY important, so if they make it right, good on them.
I agree 100%

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Jeep finally came through with the part and I got it repaired yesterday. Three weeks with no rear glass, but hopefully parts will become more available as time goes on and this won't be an issue in future.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep finally came through with the part and I got it repaired yesterday. Three weeks with no rear glass, but hopefully parts will become more available as time goes on and this won't be an issue in future.
I was just about to post. I received a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon telling me my rear glass is in. They want me to leave the jeep for the day to install it! WTH. Let me know how long it takes them to install yours. There is no way this requires day; an hour maybe, but not a day!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I was just about to post. I received a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon telling me my rear glass is in. They want me to leave the jeep for the day to install it! WTH. Let me know how long it takes them to install yours. There is no way this requires day; an hour maybe, but not a day!
It took my dealership about 3 hours. They asked me to leave it there all day as well, I told them firmly that Geico had worked with them to come up with a labor estimate of 2 hours and that I would wait with my car. Even though it ended up taking them 3, sometimes it's a good idea to just hang out if you can afford to because it puts pressure on them to get it done haha.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It took my dealership about 3 hours. They asked me to leave it there all day as well, I told them firmly that Geico had worked with them to come up with a labor estimate of 2 hours and that I would wait with my car. Even though it ended up taking them 3, sometimes it's a good idea to just hang out if you can afford to because it puts pressure on them to get it done haha.
Since my work is warranty work, they will give me a loaner, but itā€™s a pain in the neck to get there during their hours of operation. Oh well, Iā€™ll have to suck it up and do it. Should have used a dealer closer to home for this work.

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Since my work is warranty work, they will give me a loaner, but itā€™s a pain in the neck to get there during their hours of operation. Oh well, Iā€™ll have to suck it up and do it. Should have used a dealer closer to home for this work.
Yeah that sucks man I'm sorry. My dealership is 10 minutes away fortunately. Any future warranty work, your free Jeep Wave oil changes etc. can be done at any Jeep dealership so if you can find one closer that would be nice.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Strifeborn
So what does the glass cost? Iā€™m tempted to replace mine because I pitted the corner when I was grinding on my jack mount and Iā€™m OCD

Last edited:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Strifeborn
So what does the glass cost? Iā€™m tempted to replace mine because I pitted the corner when I was grinding on my jack mount and Iā€™m OCD
Yikes, I just found out it's CAD$1750. I'm trying to find out if my comprehensive insurance will cover it. If not then it's just the corner so I will throw a sticker on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
@Strifeborn
The rear glass piece costs $1295, almost half the cost of replacing the full hard top

JaytheJeepGuy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜98 Jeep Cherokee (sold), ā€˜98 TJ (RIP), ā€˜07 JK (sold), ā€˜15 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The rear glass piece costs $1295, almost half the cost of replacing the full hard top
Wow, that's nuts. Will definitely be careful when I remove the hardtop this spring.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It was recently suggested to be by a long time employee of the auto industry that the best way to get attention & resolutions is by leaving negative reviews and full details of your bad experience on sites like Google, Yelp, the companyā€™s Facebook page, etc. She has worked for marketing companies and for dealer groups. She said nothing gets their attention quicker than public negativity. It doesnā€™t have to be nasty, but a truthful account of everything youā€™ve been through & the consistent lack of response or help. Might be worth a try.
This is true. Also, after you post, send them a link to the post, remind them that bad reviews spread way faster than good news, and you will remove the post when they fix the problem. I was having a problem with Comcrap, I mean Comcast, posted a video of the problem on YouTube, referenced it during the call and the 10,000 plus views it had, and I had a link to the competitor in the comments section. They finally sent a more experience rep to the house to resolve the issue directly because of the video on YouTube. There had been over 5 visits from obvious green techs who were clueless on basic troubleshooting methods.
Sponsored