Sponsored

Update on RCV Axle deliveries…

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No offense to RCV in particular but what is the deal with any ultra high priced upgrade product (especially one that doesn't contain any chips or electronics) taking 150 days to catch up with orders?

I understand companies like Gobi as that's an extremely large low volume product but I just don't understand how RCV can be so backed up that it takes 150 days to fulfill an order.
Have you tried to buy parts for anything lately? It’s not just Jeep parts, it’s literally everything. Everyone is having supply chain issues.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No offense to RCV in particular but what is the deal with any ultra high priced upgrade product (especially one that doesn't contain any chips or electronics) taking 150 days to catch up with orders?

I understand companies like Gobi as that's an extremely large low volume product but I just don't understand how RCV can be so backed up that it takes 150 days to fulfill an order.
Unfortunately, it's just the world we live in right now. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do but hurry up and get on the waiting list before it grows any longer.

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
All done!
FYI. I rotated my sway bar disconnect up and wont be reinstalling my steel skid. I was thinking of cutting the downward horns off my frame. Do you guys know of or did it yourself? I'll post a new thread asking if not. Thanks.

1654301013692.png
I cut mine off with a grinding wheel. No issues and much better clearance after rotating the motor up like you did. I would 100% recommend. If you PM me I can probably dig up a pic or run out and take one tomorrow.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Update. I got to wheel her this weekend. It is a night and day comparison with the RCVs. No bind whatsoever. Steering is so much smoother even with the front locker on.

Definitely worth the 14 week wait!

Jeep Wrangler JL Update on RCV Axle deliveries… 1656361375993

Last edited:

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Update. I got to wheel her this weekend. It is a night and day comparison with the RCVs. No bind whatsoever. Steering is so much smoother even with the front lockers on.

Absolutely love mine. Just remember to keep them greased. SOOOOOO many people complain about them clicking, but that's due to dry parts in the CV. I do 10 pumps each 5k mile tire change. The excess makes a bit of a mess on the inner C's and the red boot, but it washes off pretty easy with some Simple Green. Enjoy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BadA$$Rubi

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
All done!
FYI. I rotated my sway bar disconnect up and wont be reinstalling my steel skid. I was thinking of cutting the downward horns off my frame. Do you guys know of or did it yourself? I'll post a new thread asking if not. Thanks.

That disco wiring harness looks to be in a vulnerable spot, no?

OP
OP
BadA$$Rubi

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Update. I got to wheel her this weekend. It is a night and day comparison with the RCVs. No bind whatsoever. Steering is so much smoother even with the front lockers on.

Looks great! How did the install go? Did you opt for the axle tube seals?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! How did the install go? Did you opt for the axle tube seals?
Yes. I go to AoAA and Rausch Creek in PA. There are unavoidable mud pits. Big debate on here about them. LOL
The write-up is on my New Jersey Roll Call thread. Post 170 and 175.

OP
OP
BadA$$Rubi

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I go to AoAA and Rausch Creek in PA. There's unavoidable mud pits. Big debate on here about them. LOL
Yea, I know. I’m part of the debate. I hope they work out for you.
I was just at both places a few weeks ago. Great places to wheel for sure!

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
There isnt a dust shield or deflector that comes with the RCV kit. So anything that goes in, hopefully comes back out.
Also I was surprised the kit didnt include a new retainer clip for inner axle on the FAD side.

Last edited:

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I ordered mine with polyperformance I saved 10%, no tax and free shipping.
I just checked the prices, these went up a Hundo since I ordered mine.
**UPDATE**

Mine just showed up last week, I started emailing the company asking for status updates. I got a response a week later saying they had one on the shelf and was getting it out that day.

I have to take my rig in tomorrow for the DEF recall notice. Hope things are good and I get it back the same day. Might be something to work on over the long weekend coming up.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Ordered my RCV axles March 17. 15.5 weeks.

Shop called me yesterday and said it came in. Going in Friday to have it installed. I asked him about the tube seals. He said he doesn’t recommend them. Said they tend to hold to much crap in the tube. So I opted against them. Since he’s been building Jeeps and rock bouncers for 20 years I’ll take his word on it.
Sponsored

Last edited: