Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
So far, my Harbor Freight Badland ZXR 12,000 pound winch has been fantastic for the few months I’ve had it. It operates flawlessly, rain and car washes have not hurt it, although I have been keeping it covered mostly. I pulled a large Dodge pickup out of a pond - and it was wedged tightly against a fence. I also pulled an eight inch diameter cedar stump with it, along with a lot of its root system.

We will see how it holds up in the long run.
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I've heard okay things about them. I was considering them vs. smittybilt and ultimately went smittybilt becuase I heard more good things. Only concern I have with HF now is if you have a part break they are really hard to get (or at least that's been my experience).
For instance, among many other HF tools, I have one of their $80 electric pressure washers that I use to clean my dirt bikes. The soap bottle broke and I couldn't get one from the store.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
An update. This week I pulled three trees out of the ground with my winch. One was a 30’ tall cedar tree. It popped out, roots and all. So far, no overheating with the winch, and no battery issues - but I leave my Jeep running while pulling, and I have the 700 amp OEM battery.
Sponsored