pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Hi all,
of course not an issue for us across the pond since we do not have sat radio. However, in looking through all the US literature release from Jeep, at no time do they link Guardian to the off road pages. In fact, OFP is talked about in a separate section. The terms and conditions fine print also do not state that.
Guardian terms and conditions do of course link things like remote start.
So, if Jeep did decide to link ORPs to guardian, you definitely have grounds for a lawsuit. It does not sound like Jeep in taking that route though.
Sponsored

Sobehall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
ORP does not require Guardian services. 2018 JLUR here, my service has been expired for 3 months, and ORP is still functional.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the latest firmware version for the Uconnect 8.4 and when it was released?

Arch Stanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Wrangler
Ok, I have a 2018 JLU with a 7" center screen, I have never had ORP nor expected to, I heard they were only available on the 8.4" screen. So a week ago I notice I now have ORP as an option on my instrument cluster, wasn't there before. I have two pages, pitch and roll and drivetrain but no ORP app on the center screen... has anybody had this happen?

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Ok, I have a 2018 JLU with a 7" center screen, I have never had ORP nor expected to, I heard they were only available on the 8.4" screen. So a week ago I notice I now have ORP as an option on my instrument cluster, wasn't there before. I have two pages, pitch and roll and drivetrain but no ORP app on the center screen... has anybody had this happen?
My 2018 JLU is the exact same way. It came with ORP on the instrument cluster but not on the 7” touchscreen

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just
Anyone know the latest firmware version for the Uconnect 8.4 and when it was released?
just go to the unconnect website under support and click on upgrade. I believe it is 21.1.

CharlesDenver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
This happened to me on my Grand Cherokee WK2 (2017) so I thought I'd give an update incase anyone happens across this. Jeep had a hell of a time, bouncing me between uconnect services and the folks that do general vehicle support. They last told me that my radio didn't support Off-Road pages since I had an RA4 radio, whatever that means (detail below). Which is odd, because I had them ever since the vehicle was new ~5 yrs. They also tried the "you need a subscription" which is both untrue, and invalid since I do have a subscription.

So, out of desperation, I did a factory reset. That worked. However, now my remote start commands are failing. When I first got the 4G adapter I had to do an over the air update to get them to work, so I'm guessing the factory reset jacked that up whatever that over air update did. So, I'll have that update done again and see if the offroad pages work after.

What a mess.

"I reviewed your file for Jeep off road pages and this is what it says you have to have in order to get that feature.

RequirementsModels with 8.4" connected radios (Uconnect 4 or 5)
  • UAQ, UAV, UBN (radio sales code)
  • JA8 (Off-Road app sales code)
  • for Uconnect 5 ONLY, RDG (telematics box module sales code)

Your radio is a
RA4UCONNECT 3C NAV WITH 8.4" DISPLAY
so it does not qualify for this feature. "
Sponsored