302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
So,
Does this mean the remote start feature on the app also disappears after the 1 Year trial? I'm pretty sure I had to utilize guardian to use my remote start on cell phone app.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
So,
Does this mean the remote start feature on the app also disappears after the 1 Year trial? I'm pretty sure I had to utilize guardian to use my remote start on cell phone app.
Yes. All I get now when I access the app on my phone is the vehicle status screen. The remote command screen is gone.

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
Yes. All I get now when I access the app on my phone is the vehicle status screen. The remote command screen is gone.
oh HELLLLLL no. That's the only feature I use off that stupid thing. @JeepCares na na na na, go ahead and make sure you fix that

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
How much is The guardian service? Is it different than the music subscription?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much is The guardian service? Is it different than the music subscription?
it is separate from the music service and it's an extra $19.95 per month. GM gives you the remote control features for free on there vehicles. But you have to pay for the other OnStar services.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I admit I don't use the phone app controls as it never seemed to work right, but man losing ORP just because I won't shell out another 20 a month is silly. I feel this is a misunderstanding from Jeep customer care. Look at all the bad information we had about the start of the ORP and heck even build dates and statuses.

If it IS true though, I wonder how much it'll be to keep my speedometer going....

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I admit I don't use the phone app controls as it never seemed to work right, but man losing ORP just because I won't shell out another 20 a month is silly. I feel this is a misunderstanding from Jeep customer care. Look at all the bad information we had about the start of the ORP and heck even build dates and statuses.

If it IS true though, I wonder how much it'll be to keep my speedometer going....
@JeepCares told me it isn't part of the Guardian services and jeep isn't removing th ORP app. But uConnect customer care sent me the email telling me that I must have a Guardian subscription to have the ORP. Jeep Cares ask for my VIN this afternoon and said they are going to escalate this internally to find out for sure what's going on.

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Just out of curiosity, how do I find out when my Guardian service expires? To be honest, I didn't even know I had a Guardian service, and I clearly don't know what it does for me?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Just out of curiosity, how do I find out when my Guardian service expires? To be honest, I didn't even know I had a Guardian service, and I clearly don't know what it does for me?
@tobyw

Questions? Contact SiriusXM Guardian Customer Care at 877-319-8691

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I talked with Serius guardian this afternoon since my uconnect has not worked in four months and the person that I talk with did not know anything about having to have a subscription to have the Offroad pages! I have never had the Offroad pages and since my uconnect does not seem to update I don’t guess I’ll get them un less I go into the dealer. I may end up doing that since I need to get the passenger side rear defrost glued back to my glass or however they do it.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sounds like the same issue when people were asking about the pages, Jeep says one thing but Uconnect says another.

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1 year free trial for SiriusXM music and the Guardian services expire 1 year from the date you took delivery of your JL. The Guardian service gives you the ability to use the uConnect app to sound your horn, lock and unlock your doors, and remote start. It also provides location services if your jeep is stolen or you forget where you parked it. It gives you access to emergency services thru the uConnect system, and a wifi hotspot inside the jeep. I'm sure there are other features I'm missing.

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
The 1 year free trial for SiriusXM music and the Guardian services expire 1 year from the date you took delivery of your JL. The Guardian service gives you the ability to use the uConnect app to sound your horn, lock and unlock your doors, and remote start. It also provides location services if your jeep is stolen or you forget where you parked it. It gives you access to emergency services thru the uConnect system, and a wifi hotspot inside the jeep. I'm sure there are other features I'm missing.
Appreciate the info!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Greg H

You sure about the item I highlighted in red in your post quoted above?

I believe the Hotspot trial / cellphone call, ability is paid for by FCA (according to AT&T reps) and then you have to renew it with AT&T when the trial expires or you lose it. It has nothing to do with Sirius Guardian.

I was able to finagle a second trial but it took a lot of time on the phone, talking chiit lets say.

Your JL comes with an AT&T cell phone number assigned to it at the factory. This cell number sticks with your JL..
Sponsored