Sponsored

UPDATE: Many say normal!!! "Water-in Fuel" symbol briefly lights when I start engine but goes out immediately...no chime as listed on page 376.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
ODD says I, because I do not remember this happening from day one. I find it hard to believe I actually have water in the fuel after only 3 fill-ups (will monitor because I only used 1 station and the dealer only used 1 station). With that said, I pulled out the manual and followed the directions:

Pg. 375-376
-Using a 10mm wrench/socket I removed the 3 bolts holding the round-mini-skid plate on covering said assembly and petcock.
-Might have been able to do the job with the cover on but never having done it B4, I wanted to see what was under there and really see what I was turning.
-Glad I did because I noticed that from the factory they used an old mechanics trick. Using a yellow paint marker, someone drew a line across the valve onto the body of the do-hicky so they could see if in fact someone unscrewed the valve. "SNEAKY"
-Turning the valve counterclockwise, I slowly opened it until fuel started coming out. I let it drain for about 10 seconds.
-I SHOULD HAVE drained it into a clear container like a jar so I could see if there was in fact water in the fuel....NEXT TIME!
-Reversed the process cleaned up
-Started her up and NO indicator light came on this time. I will watch it closely to see if I need to redo the process and drain more fuel/water. If so, I will use a clear container to look for the water.

REALLY easy to do. Took no time at all. Read your manual and/or watch a video and go to town.
Sponsored

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Same happening for me too, I think it is just illuminating all the warning signs and then turning them off. Didn't really bothered me to be honest :) Similar was happening in all the cars I ever owned

Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
It's normal during the initial startup, should go off though.

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Same happening for me too, I think it is just illuminating all the warning signs and then turning them off. Didn't really bothered me to be honest :) Similar was happening in all the cars I ever owned
Good to know. TH
It's normal during the initial startup, should go off though.
Yep, always does but I do not remember it from the beginning. Probably just not paying attention as closely then.

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
completely normal. Has done this from the very first day. I would suspect that you have a problem if the light doesn't go off.
Sponsored