Sponsored

UPDATE: JL line shutdown, 7k JT Government Orders - Possible UAW Strike

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
The JL shutdown to retool for the hybrid engine has been moved up. We will now be shutdown April 18th to May 13th. (subject to change). We are working 7 days a week until then.

The Government order for just over 7k JT's has been verified. These 7k units must be built before any can be sold to public consumers. JT is going to go on a critical launch mandatory 7 days a week for up to 3 months if needed to complete orders. No announcement on when the launch will start. Rumor is 2-3 weeks.

Some of you know that this is the last year of our contract. If you have heard anything that happened during the last contract then you know there was a lot of corruption with both FCA and UAW. Some people have went to prison and some are still being investigated. There is a lot more to it but to much to explain. UAW has increased the strike fund and we all have been told to put some extra money away because it's very likely that we will be striking. Negotiations don't start until end of summer. I personally hope that we don't strike but we are not going to let FCA continue taking things away from us.
Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

$&@?!&@&%#^@$&@&?!!!!!!

This is just about enough news to make me give up!

:mad::crying:

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Well this just keeps getting more interesting and confusing by the minute ...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So they're shutting down for several weeks from April to May, but, JT production is rumored to begin in around 3 weeks? So I guess that means normal engine JT production won't be affected by the new hybrid Jeeps?

I'm not worried about the 7,000 units to be built for the government first. It's a good thing. 1) It won't take them long to build 7,000 JTs, so it's not going to drastically increase wait times for civilian buyers. 2) Having the first 7,000 built for the government means the very early bugs and kinks will be worked out before personal buyers get them in our driveways.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So they're shutting down for several weeks from April to May, but, JT production is rumored to begin in around 3 weeks? So I guess that means normal engine JT production won't be affected by the new hybrid Jeeps?

I'm not worried about the 7,000 units to be built for the government first. It's a good thing. 1) It won't take them long to build 7,000 JTs, so it's not going to drastically increase wait times for civilian buyers. 2) Having the first 7,000 built for the government means the very early bugs and kinks will be worked out before personal buyers get them in our driveways.
Dang it, was this thing built on a FRIDAY?..........No it was built during mandatory 7 days per week to crank out 7,000 units for the government learning curve time period. What are these extra fasteners for?....................

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
7000 units is like a week or two, right?
5 weeks if they do 70,000 per year in year 1. Maybe longer since it's at the start.

OP
OP

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them

JL and JT have seperate engine lines.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Where I work at we spit out vehicles pretty quickly every day but for 70,000 it's going to be at least 3 months or so unless there running three shifts maybe they have a larger line than what we have.

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB
I am not looking forward to dealing with this.

It shouldn't take long if both shifts are running to knock this out.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Where I work at we spit out vehicles pretty quickly every day but for 70,000 it's going to be at least 3 months or so unless there running three shifts maybe they have a larger line than what we have.
Revised to 7k

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It’s not an order for 70,000. It might not even be an order for 7,000. And even if it is, why would The gubment require it to be filled before any consumer vehicles get built?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The JL shutdown to retool for the hybrid engine has been moved up. We will now be shutdown April 18th to May 13th. (subject to change). We are working 7 days a week until then.

The Government order for just over 7k JT's has been verified. These 7k units must be built before any can be sold to public consumers. JT is going to go on a critical launch mandatory 7 days a week for up to 3 months if needed to complete orders. No announcement on when the launch will start. Rumor is 2-3 weeks.

Some of you know that this is the last year of our contract. If you have heard anything that happened during the last contract then you know there was a lot of corruption with both FCA and UAW. Some people have went to prison and some are still being investigated. There is a lot more to it but to much to explain. UAW has increased the strike fund and we all have been told to put some extra money away because it's very likely that we will be striking. Negotiations don't start until end of summer. I personally hope that we don't strike but we are not going to let FCA continue taking things away from us.

JL what is the current weekly production of the JL’s?
Sponsored