UPDATE: It gets worse...Scammy dealer alert: Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
You continue to come across like a spoilt child stamping his feet because he didn’t get what he wanted.

Frankly, if that’s the way you behaved with this dealership,I don’t blame them for not wanting to help you. Grow up.
Totally agree. all bark no bite.
Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Add Pamby Motor in Ridgefield Connecticut to this Poo Poo list. Only good thing about them right now is they have nothing on their lot accept for a fey industrial trucks for sale. It's actually the empties lot I have ever seen. Hopefully they will bee squeezed out of business soon... Looks eminent to me.

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Lol, after reading all the pages, I’d love to know what happened. I’m sure nothing, but, op sounded so determined to “destroy” the dealership.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Definitely an interesting story, would love to hear its conclusion. I’ve only had one bad dealer experience, they attempted to upcharge my wife for new tires during an oil change. I had just taken her car in a week prior for a free tire rotation at Les Schwab and they said they were good for another 15k. I left a review about the small ordeal and the GM called offering 3 free oil changes so they could regain my trust and hopefully alter my review…nothing like a $600 diag fee though lol.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I had a dealer try and sell me new tires when I just had new ones installed about a week prior. The look on his face was pretty funny when I told him they were brand new.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I had a dealer try and sell me new tires when I just had new ones installed about a week prior. The look on his face was pretty funny when I told him they were brand new.
I don't envy them, the pressures that come with quotas at some of the sketchier dealerships has to be awful. Some just throw out a line hoping to catch a gullible one.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In December 2014, my parents and I are on our way from Los Angeles to Glacier National Park, in Montana, for a few days before continuing on to Vancouver, BC, for the holidays. We are in my brand-new, fully equipped 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.

As we leave Las Vegas on I-15 and start to climb up to the high desert, the CEL comes on. Besides the CEL, I cannot tell that there’s anything wrong with the Jeep: it drives completely normal.

We stop for the night at an Airbnb in southern Utah. Before going to bed, I go online and set up a service appointment for the next day, a Saturday, at a Jeep dealership in Provo. I figure we’d be there around 11am; perfect time to take a lunch break while they check the Jeep. Back in those days Jeep dealers would get to work on your vehicle right away, not two weeks later, as they do today.

We arrive at the dealership on time and they take the vehicle in. When I go to ask for a recommendation to have lunch nearby, the service advisor tells me that they hooked up the Jeep to the diagnostic tool and it says that I have a defective cylinder. I think that’s odd: we’ve driving at elevation, with a full load, and the Jeep hasn’t missed a beat.

Over lunch I tell dad what the SA had said before we left. He finds it odd, too. He agrees I would have felt significant loss of power if the Jeep had been running on 5 cylinders.

One hour later we get back to the dealer and the SA breaks it down for me: the techs opened up the engine and found a blown cylinder; they have ordered the parts and should arrive on Monday. They will rebuild the engine on Tuesday and Wednesday. We should be good to go by EOD Wednesday, Christmas Eve.

At this point my mind is racing. There’s no way I had a blown engine; I’d have noticed it. There’s no way we are spending Christmas in Provo, Utah.

I turn around and confer with my parents; they concur with me: this whole thing smells fishy.

I go to the SA and tell him to put the engine back together; we have to be in Montana that evening. He tries to scare me saying “I won’t be responsible if you break down and your elderly parents freeze to death on the side of the road.” “Don’t you worry about us.” I reply. “Put the engine back together. We have to get going.”

Twenty minutes later he shows up and says “Your Jeep is parked outside.” and hands me the keys. There’s no paperwork; no signature required. No record that this ever happened. Nothing.

I am stunned. There’s no way they took the engine apart and put back together in 15 minutes.

We go outside, climb into the Jeep. Start the engine; it runs normal, but the CEL is gone. We get on our way.

These f*ckers made up the whole thing! They were going to stick it up to Chrysler with a phony engine rebuild work order, and keep us in town through Christmas for no good reason.

One can only wonder how many traveling customers passing through town fall for that story.

That CEL never came back on again in the two years I owned the Jeep.

The three of us in Butte, MT, the following day, en route to Glacier N.P. Despite the incident with that dealer in Provo, UT, we had a wonderful trip.
Jeep Wrangler JL UPDATE: It gets worse...Scammy dealer alert: Los Angeles Chrysler Dodge Jeep 1639755803727

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I don't envy them, the pressures that come with quotas at some of the sketchier dealerships has to be awful. Some just throw out a line hoping to catch a gullible one.
I guess...personally I could not even attempt to do that to people.