OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Everyone, I KNOW it sounds dramatic. It was/is. I’m still shocked that the owner also called and acted as he did.

I have owner various vehicles over 25 years from a variety of manufacturers (started with a Jeep ironically), and dealt with dealerships across the country. This is my VERY first experience like this ever. I guess I’ve been lucky?

But what do you expect when the service manager also kept disagreeing with me and insisting when I dropped it off that there is no cabin air filter because “Jeep removed them on all vehicles years ago because they are offroad vehicles...” ‍♂ Actually, no, they’ve been adding them over the years.

I have 2 Jeep products right now, my Rubicon, fully loaded and a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, also fully loaded, which my girlfriend drives. At the very least they lost opportunity to service two Jeeps. She also wanted to get a Rubicon so they lost a shot at that deal also.
Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I've previously dealt with a number of other Los Angeles area CDJR dealers and they are bad. In one case, I had to get an attorney, and when the case finally got a court date, they conceded and paid for their evil ways. I remember that GM calling me getting all irate over their incompetence (that's when i got the attorney). I was not surprised when that dealer folded a few years later. However, I'd bet the owner started another dealer under a different name. These LA-area guys are shady at best.

I've had more damage done to my vehicles taking them in for warranty work that it's generally not worth taking it in. If the issue is minor, I'll fix it myself. The so-called diagnostic charge they try to charge you if they see even for the most unrelated accessory is crazy. As wild as the OP's story sounds, I believe it 100%.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I've dealt with a couple of places that were that shady. While you are more than welcome to take the stories with a large grain of salt, perhaps you shouldn't be a twatwaffle and say the rest of us are full of it.
Name calling does nothing to advance your argument, it just looks like that’s all you’ve got.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Everyone, I KNOW it sounds dramatic. It was/is. I’m still shocked that the owner also called and acted as he did.

I have owner various vehicles over 25 years from a variety of manufacturers (started with a Jeep ironically), and dealt with dealerships across the country. This is my VERY first experience like this ever. I guess I’ve been lucky?

But what do you expect when the service manager also kept disagreeing with me and insisting when I dropped it off that there is no cabin air filter because “Jeep removed them on all vehicles years ago because they are offroad vehicles...” ‍♂ Actually, no, they’ve been adding them over the years.

I have 2 Jeep products right now, my Rubicon, fully loaded and a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, also fully loaded, which my girlfriend drives. At the very least they lost opportunity to service two Jeeps. She also wanted to get a Rubicon so they lost a shot at that deal also.
https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Dealership-Experience/2018/CSI & https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/jd-power-2018-us-customer-service-index-study

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 7.36.55 AM.png

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been charged a diagnostic fee for a vehicle under warranty, ever. That includes GM, Ford, and Jeep. I've never even heard of that with any make. My dealership's service advisors have pictures of my Jeep in Moab on Elephant Hill and Hell's Revenge. They love seeing that stuff.

I think Jeep's commercials alone would give them trouble denying warranty work because of some dust.

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
As it said in the posting, the dealership found dust under the foot panels, somewhere the detailers can't get to.
Sorry... bad joke. I didn’t mean to make light of another totally messed up example.

ostaz

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Try Glenn E. Thomas Jeep in Signal Hill. They have been top notch on all my cars(trackhawk, unlimited moab,.etc). Visit and ask good guy name "Frank ". He will take care of you!
Yes, Glenn E. Thomas in Long Beach is fantastic! They are family owned for over 100 years. Richard in service is supposed to be great as well.

DCRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Might want to have your vin checked at another dealer to make sure they didn’t void your warranty.
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard - check Vin to make sure the dealership didn’t void a new vehicle warranty backed by FCA. Lmao. The dealers will try to deny what they can without even understanding that nothing can void a warranty. At most an after market part won’t be covered under warranty because it’s not a MOPAR part. But you can’t just deny a warranty for the entire car for after market parts or just because a dealer wants to.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I've never been charged a diagnostic fee for a vehicle under warranty, ever. That includes GM, Ford, and Jeep. I've never even heard of that with any make. My dealership's service advisors have pictures of my Jeep in Moab on Elephant Hill and Hell's Revenge. They love seeing that stuff.

I think Jeep's commercials alone would give them trouble denying warranty work because of some dust.
Of course they would.

The OP’s whole scenario is implausible.

Everything he says seems sketchy to me, and I’m no fan of car dealers.

I am skeptical of the whole thing.

They made a mistake because he’s an expert witness in litigation.

He has his “car” detailed every time he goes off-road. Really?

I call bullshit. This guy has ulterior motives, which aren’t entirely clear, but I suspect he’s using us to help him run some kind of scam.

Not buying.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
It comes across as a totally one sided story to me.

I’d be very interested to hear the dealership’s comments about the whole episode. Of course the OP know’s that’s not going to happen. All ‘aggrieved’ consumers on the internet are selective with the truth, that’s the way it is .

I agree that there is probably an ulterior motive, a hidden agenda.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
My experience with a customer service position that often had people leave reviews has made me skeptical of people telling their experiences. I’m not saying the OP is lying, but I am saying that I take these with a grain of salt personally. I’ve seen way too many times where a customer completely lies and fabricates half their story afterwards on a review.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
There are some really bad Jeep Dealerships for both sales and service. I think op had a very bad experience. The Jeep Dealership closest to my house charges for just pulling up and writing a service order then they will try to tell you things are wrong that don't even exist on my Jeep. My family owned a very small Ford Dealership for over 60 years. We serviced more Chevys than the Chevy Dealership. Ford terminated our dealership in a small/poor town because we could not sell enough new Fords but sold plenty of used. We ran a no name used car lot from the location after that for another 30 years complete with 5 bay garage. We finally closed our doors in 2008

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Yesterday the “owner” Sean called me.

After I identified myself, before I could speak, he screamed at me that I am never allowed in his dealership again.

It’s clearly the tone at the top. The owner is an animal, and he hires animals to work for him.

Clearly he condones Service Managers impersonating General Managers...

But this is an indicator to me... that I caught them in their scam. I started seeing others reviews... Charge Chrysler for two days of “diagnostics” which they clearly never did. Then also try to get the customer for another $600. Plus unnecessary repairs after that. That’s quite the potential fraudulent racket.
Report the SOB dealership to the BBB. I hope you didn't purchase your keep from there.
Sponsored