Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle

JeepMike1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.
Ok, so I had enough of feeling like I was falling into the dash especially after a 300 mile trip I took. I’m not spending 79.00 on spacers from fleabay. So I went to Home Depot and bought some 1/2” hex nuts. They work as a spacer even the way the left front bracket is made. They fit perfect and gave the bottom cushion about an inch or so tilt up. 100% better. Just remove the 2 front bolts loosen the rear bolts and the 1/2” nuts will fit underneath both front bolts. Tighten up and your good to go. Total cost was 55 cents. Probably easier than trying to put a bunch of washers. So for you big and tall guys like I am this seems to work for now.

B1E4AFB3-F259-46CF-AA65-43E85412005B.jpeg
FCE8C9B9-0B11-46C3-86FA-62041E701B8A.jpeg
Using the 1/2" Hex Bolts WORKED!!! Thank you.
Sponsored

nytq

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door
Here are a few I snapped now but they aren’t very good. It’s super simple. I just took the bolt to the hardware store, matched it as best I could and got bushings that were the same ID and OD as the bolt and it fit very well. I might even add another 1/4” and go 3/4”, but as mentioned I am very sensitive to seat position.

C714D54B-294C-4949-A20C-D9E7910C1AE6.jpeg

218BBBE9-EDFB-4BA6-B83C-208083E49FBA.jpeg

B5336BF9-00F6-4903-BDE2-68654AB5CF03.jpeg

Thank you for this easy fix. I just bought a 2019 JL and the only dislike was feeling like I was angled into the windshield. Not sure what the engineers are thinking or why their bodies feel correct in that posture. And yes, I understand the wrangler is not about comfort, but really, this is a no brainer. Any how. Super easy, 10 minutes, 100% better. FYI, I used thick 1 inch washers form HD. $5 in a pack of 10. I love the internet and all the knowledge deposited in forums. I came from a Renegade sport, and even that has tilt LOL.

scottjf8

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitide
For those that did this, did it help? My back has been killing me since I got my JLUS a month ago.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Did this last night with a 1/2 Hex Nut and it worked like a charm. Amazing how much of a difference that small adjustment makes. Should have done it when I picked up the Jeep. 20 Min total and couldn't have been easier.

Sponsored

scottjf8

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitide
I think I've figured out my issue, and it's not the tilt of the seat.. it's the padding in the mid back that's so hard it kills my back.

Bearcatriz

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sahara
I did tilt with 3/4 hex bolt help a little bit but I think seat padding my be issue. Has anyone taken to get seat customized at seat upholstery shop? Need to take mine in after I go to dealer. Let me know
Thanks

Racer21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for this thread. This adjustment makes my seat SO much more comfortable for me. I have shorter legs and a longer torso. I'm more of a sports car guy, and I really like a bit of under thigh support in my seating. A 7/16" collar made a world of difference. Brilliant!

Sponsored

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I don't know what it is but I get a sharp nerve pain in my right leg between my glute/hamstring almost every time I drive more than 20 minutes. I've owned a lot of cars and never felt this in any of them. I had to buy a phone-book sized seatpad for when I go on long trips. I feel like it has to be some sort of nerve compression, as soon as I'm out it's fine, soon as I'm back in sharp pain. I find myself constantly moving and adjusting my right leg and road trips wind up with me constantly shifting left and right and just generally uncomfortable the entire time until my leg eventually feels numb.

It's too embarrassing to use my seat pad day to day. This things like 5" thick and I'm already short and basically free falling out of my Jeep at every gas station. All I need in life is someone to see me sitting on a phone book to see over the steering wheel.

Been wondering if it was sciatica but I only feel it in one tiny spot.

I have the EXACT same issue and Im 5'9". It sucks.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the EXACT same issue and Im 5'9". It sucks.
You're the first person I've ever seen mention it. I'm around 5'7. I'm about to go on a 2 day road trip and kind of dreading it. Someone mentioned a seat pad combo that helped their comfort a lot, not specifically for this sciatica or whatever, but maybe it'll help, I'll post it if I remember it.

Clint Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
I just did this and I'm here to tell you it's amazing what a difference it makes. The JL is my wife's but I drive it regularly too and I always felt like I was sliding towards the dash. This cured it. Thanks!

Ok, so I had enough of feeling like I was falling into the dash especially after a 300 mile trip I took. I’m not spending 79.00 on spacers from fleabay. So I went to Home Depot and bought some 1/2” hex nuts. They work as a spacer even the way the left front bracket is made. They fit perfect and gave the bottom cushion about an inch or so tilt up. 100% better. Just remove the 2 front bolts loosen the rear bolts and the 1/2” nuts will fit underneath both front bolts. Tighten up and your good to go. Total cost was 55 cents. Probably easier than trying to put a bunch of washers. So for you big and tall guys like I am this seems to work for now.

B1E4AFB3-F259-46CF-AA65-43E85412005B.jpeg
FCE8C9B9-0B11-46C3-86FA-62041E701B8A.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I am different. 5'9" and last year did a 5 week 4 ,700 mile trip including 1,400 miles straight back in 21 hours (followed a blizard home so a little slower than normal). No discomfort, no pain, seat was fine. Now, the driver's seat in my Bentley is a different story.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I like the mod a lot. I’m guessing this is geared more towards the taller drivers 6’ or more.
Sponsored