damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused about this product. I see the two blocks to act as spacers, but what's with the long piece of metal connecting them? What is it's purpose? Is it just a cosmetic piece to connect the two spacers? Seems extraneous to me, and you are just paying for two blocks and two bolts. And...then you have this God-awful metal barrier blocking the front of the seat? What am I missing? Looks super tacky.
I ordered it without the metal plate. I think it's a place to connect stuff - like a Molle panel...?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I ordered it without the metal plate. I think it's a place to connect stuff - like a Molle panel...?
Smart move. I would have passed on it also.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I ordered also and on the site they described that metal thing as a molle panel... I opted to just purchase the spacers too.

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered also and on the site they described that metal thing as a molle panel... I opted to just purchase the spacers too.
Let us know the results after install

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I'm confused about this product. I see the two blocks to act as spacers, but what's with the long piece of metal connecting them? Seems extraneous to me, and you are just paying for two blocks and two bolts. And...then you have this God-awful metal barrier blocking the front of the seat? What am I missing? Looks super tacky.
Yep looks like a totally optional plate for "storage".

Sponsored

seeleystu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I am also short, not lollipop guild short but, about 5’6”, my JK was one of the most comfortable trucks I ever owned-11 months into it I still find my JL incredibly uncomfortable. I just finished a test marking the seat angle all the way down (which is way too short for me) and all the way up. When the seat is all the way down, you are slanted back into the seat, when it’s all the way up, the seat is parallel. For me, I find my body creeping forward causing a self induced wedgy every time I am in the Jeep. I just order these

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...tor-front-seat-jackers?variant=32674091368530

I tested the fit first by cutting two 1-1/4” blocks of wood and placing them under the front seat mounts. My legs felt supported and it put me back into my seat. Very similar feel to the JK. Can‘t wait to get them.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I installed my home-made risers today and I think that it's a neat/tidy solution; even more so than the store-bought options. It raises the front of the seat 1" and that's good for me. All of the bolts came out easily. I ended up removing the rear bolts as well and elongated the hole in the rear bracket about an 1/8". The spacers move the seat ever so slightly forward and makes reinstalling the rear bolts difficult without some compensation. The other advantage to this approach is you can buy the bolts/spacers in a wide variety of lengths so you can lift it to your comfort level. It's solid as a rock.

BTW, the extreme closeup picture makes the spacer seem taller than it is. Do not try to use your Jeep-supplied tool kit for the T50 - it's not up the job due to the short handle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle IMG_0340

Last edited:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Installed the seat jackers today and it makes a big difference in the seating for me. I had only ordered for the drivers side but may do the passenger also. I am 6 '1" and always hated that there was no tilt adjustment for anyone with long legs...problem solved. Thanks to the Desert does it blocks I can comfortably drive again ....well at least sitting...(still waiting on steering gear install).

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I installed my home-made risers today and I think that it's a neat/tidy solution; even more so than the store-bought options. It raises the front of the seat 1" and that's good for me. All of the bolts came out easily. I ended up removing the rear bolts as well and elongated the hole in the rear bracket about an 1/8". The spacers move the seat ever so slightly forward and makes reinstalling the rear bolts difficult without some compensation. The other advantage to this approach is you can buy the bolts/spacers in a wide variety of lengths so you can lift it to your comfort level. It's solid as a rock.

BTW, the extreme closeup picture makes the spacer seem taller than it is. Do not try to use your Jeep-supplied tool kit for the T50 - it's not up the job due to the short handle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle IMG_0340
What did you use for the spacer?

Sponsored

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Installed the seat jackers today. Noticeable improvement better leg support and legroom

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Installed the seat jackers today. Noticeable improvement better leg support and legroom
Installed today as well. Much improved thigh support. No longer feel like 'm going to slide into the dash when braking. Another benefit, since my thighs are elevated my right knee doesn't hit the transfer case shift knob. That can be painful on a long trip.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Installed today as well. Much improved thigh support. No longer feel like 'm going to slide into the dash when braking. Another benefit, since my thighs are elevated my right knee doesn't hit the transfer case shift knob. That can be painful on a long trip.
I agree with you guys. My JK seats were perfect, and I liked every other thing about the JL - except the seats. Today I was almost luxuriating in them driving to run an errand. It's now a night and day difference.

We've all used stronger bolts, but I wonder if we've compromised safety in any way through the raised front. I can't imagine much of a difference, but what do I know? Any engineers out there?

seeleystu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I agree with you guys. My JK seats were perfect, and I liked every other thing about the JL - except the seats. Today I was almost luxuriating in them driving to run an errand. It's now a night and day difference.

We've all used stronger bolts, but I wonder if we've compromised safety in any way through the raised front. I can't imagine much of a difference, but what do I know? Any engineers out there?
First, I am not an engineer. But, to me, that’s a concern about a longer bolt and a spacer. From the factory, there is a lot of bracket to floor contact, the purpose of the bolt is to simply hold the bracket to the floor. If you raise the seat with a longer bolt and small spacer, then much of the strain of your body weight is on the bolt. Because of the angle of the left side of the drivers seat bracket, there will be constant downward pressure on the bolt. In an emergency situation, I would be fearful of failure. I am sure you could make a large spacer out of ABS (or as I heard others-a hockey puck)
Sponsored