damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea of using the 1/2" hex nuts or spacers. For longer trips I've been using one of the following cushions with the thicker side under my knees and that has helped A LOT. But I like the idea of a more permanent solution. I also just received my PRP seat covers and was planning to shove a towel or foam under the cover near my knees.

https://www.amazon.com/DMI-Sloping-Cushion-Support-Posture/dp/B0006UOOE2
Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Does anyone else feel like your left cheek sits higher than your right cheek? Almost like you are 'pushed' or shifted towards the middle of the driver's seat.
I almost want to add one 1/2" nut to just the right side. I know that would be terrible to have the legs uneven though.

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Would it be possible to show me the actual nuts that are being used to raise it the 1/2 inch
Thanks

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Anyone have a problem loosening the front seat attachment bolts. Is there a danger of breaking or stripping them, or are they simply tight and need some oomph with the wrench?

Sponsored

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a problem loosening the front seat attachment bolts. Is there a danger of breaking or stripping them, or are they simply tight and need some oomph with the wrench?
I just took my seats out yesterday and the bolts were VERY tight...

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Just want to share experience on the hex bolt tilt. So this weekend I put in the 1/2 inch hex bolts and for me I found their was too much tilt. So I went back to the store and picked up some 1/2 in by 2 inch flat washers. I found that using three of them on each side was about half the height and now for me the tilt is perfect.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I need some additional thigh support and this thread was extremely helpful. My JLURD is about a week away from arriving at the dealership but I have a spacer solution waiting. I wanted a one inch increase so I bought spacers (25mm long x 10.2mm ID x 19mm OD) and longer bolts (M10-1.50 x 50mm). I could have cobbled together something from ACE Hardware, but I wanted black, to blend in, so I ordered online. The bolt and spacer fit together perfectly; with a tighter tolerance than I'd even hoped for. The bolt goes through the spacer easily enough, but there is very little slop. The bolts are stronger than the stock ones as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle spacers

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I need some additional thigh support and this thread was extremely helpful. My JLURD is about a week away from arriving at the dealership but I have a spacer solution waiting. I wanted a one inch increase so I bought spacers (25mm long x 10.2mm ID x 19mm OD) and longer bolts (M10-1.50 x 50mm). I could have cobbled together something from ACE Hardware, but I wanted black, to blend in, so I ordered online. The bolt and spacer fit together perfectly; with a tighter tolerance than I'd even hoped for. The bolt goes through the spacer easily enough, but there is very little slop. The bolts are stronger than the stock ones as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update: Driver seat bottom seat tilt angle spacers

I like this. Where did you get them? And what about the back bolts? Will they still fit correctly with the front lifted so high?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like this. Where did you get them? And what about the back bolts? Will they still fit correctly with the front lifted so high?
Be prepared, they're not cheap, due to shipping and buying in such small supplies, but they seem to be a really tidy solution. The original bolts are 25mm long, so depending on how tall a spacer you want (25mm rise for me), you can order the appropriate longer bolts. Everything that I've heard is to just loosen the rear bolts enough to lift the front. Then just tighten the rears down. I'm OCD so I didn't want silver colored hardware. I especially like how thick-walled the spacers are.

https://www.aluminumspacers.com/spacers-by-hole-size/hole-for-3-8-inch-bolts/mas19-10-25-ba

https://www.fmwfasteners.com/produc...kRKUZBpG872RX8CB_AfxZzh4w4UPEEMRoCsiMQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Be prepared, they're not cheap, due to shipping and buying in such small supplies, but they seem to be a really tidy solution. The original bolts are 25mm long, so depending on how tall a spacer you want (25mm rise for me), you can order the appropriate longer bolts. Everything that I've heard is to just loosen the rear bolts enough to lift the front. Then just tighten the rears down. I'm OCD so I didn't want silver colored hardware. I especially like how thick-walled the spacers are.

https://www.aluminumspacers.com/spacers-by-hole-size/hole-for-3-8-inch-bolts/mas19-10-25-ba

https://www.fmwfasteners.com/produc...kRKUZBpG872RX8CB_AfxZzh4w4UPEEMRoCsiMQAvD_BwE
Thank you! I'll check these out. I own a jeep - nothing we do is cheap. HAHA

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Haven't seen there mentioned here yet so I'll leave it here. Saw them on the Gladiator forum https://desertdoesit.com/collection...tor-front-seat-jackers?variant=32674091368530
I'm confused about this product. I see the two blocks to act as spacers, but what's with the long piece of metal connecting them? Seems extraneous to me, and you are just paying for two blocks and two bolts. And...then you have this God-awful metal barrier blocking the front of the seat? What am I missing? Looks super tacky.
Sponsored