Sponsored

Georgia UPDATE - Bestop has fixed issues.

simsf1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop customer service is absolute garbage. I honestly never write reviews, but one is warranted here. Pre-ordered a Bestop Ultra for my '20 JLUR Diesel in April I believe. Paid a deposit and $99 for installation. Website asked me to pay for installation at time of purchase. I was fine with that. Simple enough.

I get a call or email (can't remember) in late July. Speak to a guy there, and he apologizes for the delay, offers me a small discount, and says to please pay my balance with my CC (to get in line to ship out), which I do. He states top will go out asap, and upon receipt, install guys will contact me to set up a time. I receive the top August 4th. No contact or anything from installer. No emails or phone calls. I get a little busy and forget for 3 weeks. Call in to Bestop customer support on August 28th, and the guy puts me on hold for a few minutes while looking into it. Gets back on the phone, apologizes, and states someone from the installer will be calling me asap, at latest Monday afternoon.

No calls. At this point I'm so tired of this bs. Call Bestop again, today. Reach a girl, explain everything, and she goes to investigate. She gets back on the phone. She said there were no discounts given on this top, that for some reason they refunded my $99 in June or something. No idea, have not been able to find a refund, and that there has never been an install order given to ANYONE, because it didn't exist. I show on my invoice where there was a refund given before they charged my card. She stated that was a mistake, they were refunding my deposit and install that I pre-paid, even though I still needed install. And ready for this, it was a mistake because they already refunded my install in June sometime. Double refunded for install. Huh?

Asked her to put me in contact with previous rep. She said she had no record, and didn't know who I talked to. So now, the guy I spoke to that gave me the discount didn't really do that, and they guy I spoke to for setting up install a week before didn't exist. I have emails and call records.

This is what I have been dealing with. Insane. I told her I was not going to make another call to Bestop, to please give me the installers name so I can call direct and pay them direct. She said not possible. I can only pay for install through them.

I never write reviews, but again, this was such a garbage experience, I hope to maybe save some of you the pain.

Any other top companies out there? I can't imagine the process of returning this thing.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @simsf1
I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it certainly sounds frustrating. If you'd be willing to PM me with your ticket numbers from emails (if you have any) and your contact info, I'd like to have our CS Manager reach out to you. Our CS department is one of the best, I firmly believe that, but we're people and do make mistakes. I hope you'll give us the chance to make it right.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP

simsf1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @simsf1
I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it certainly sounds frustrating. If you'd be willing to PM me with your ticket numbers from emails (if you have any) and your contact info, I'd like to have our CS Manager reach out to you. Our CS department is one of the best, I firmly believe that, but we're people and do make mistakes. I hope you'll give us the chance to make it right.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll send info now.

rhocking

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2.0T JLU Sport S
I would not go as far as saying Bestop Customer Service is garbage but in my case I do not think their customer service is as good as everyone says it is.

I bought a Bestop Trektop 7:43pm on Jun-7th. Cost $1350. Rebate for $100 started on Jun-8th.
Yes, I missed buying it during the rebate window by 4 hours. But customer service that shines would have cut me some slack. Instead my rebate was denied.
*Item purchased before promotion started Tracking Number 29423428

I would expect a company with the absolute best customer service to go out of the way for the customer. I was hoping that all of the good things I had heard about Bestop were true and that they would have cut me 4 hrs slack but they did not.

I hope that when you reach Bestop they make things right for you.

Sponsored

mdhaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I recently (3 weeks ago), purchased a sunrider for my hardtop On my 18 JL.. It was shipped with no mounting hardware. The seller suggested I contact bestop since it would be quicker to get the installation hardware from them rather than return and exchange the top. I contacted bestop and was told it would take about a week. At that point I agreed and discarded the packaging. Three weeks later, still no parts. This time I was advised by bestop that it may take an additional three weeks. This puts me into October. Living in Michigan, I likely wont be able to use it this year. I have heard horror stories but this was my first time dealing with bestop. It might be my last.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I recently (3 weeks ago), purchased a sunrider for my hardtop On my 18 JL.. It was shipped with no mounting hardware. The seller suggested I contact bestop since it would be quicker to get the installation hardware from them rather than return and exchange the top. I contacted bestop and was told it would take about a week. At that point I agreed and discarded the packaging. Three weeks later, still no parts. This time I was advised by bestop that it may take an additional three weeks. This puts me into October. Living in Michigan, I likely wont be able to use it this year. I have heard horror stories but this was my first time dealing with bestop. It might be my last.
Send me a PM and let's get you figured out. Do you have a ticket number from emailing us? If not, send me your shipping address please.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP

simsf1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Update- Bestop fixed issues. Very sweet lady that handles customer service called me shortly after posting story. She said entire process regarding my purchase was a mess and took her several hours to figure out what had happened and basically just apologized and said she would make it right. She had an installer call me the next day and knocked it out on a Saturday.

If a mod sees this, please delete the post in it's entirety (didn't see a way for me to do it). I'm not the type to complain like this, just got pretty pissed off over the whole process. They made it right, and I'm completely satisfied.
Sponsored