Sponsored

**UPDATE 3.14.19 ** HELP! Picking up new Rubicon. Weird noise!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
DARCARS Orange Park (FL). Let me see about BBB. I'll try and keep this updated.

I would do face to face every day but its 2hr drive from me lol

I cant get anyone on the phone. I barely get email replies.
2 hours! I understand the hesitation and inconvenience. I did some checking and you'll be very interested in going online to the BBB for Orange Park Chrysler Jeep and Dodge Ram in Jacksonville. (I'm assuming this is DARCARS) If you look at complaints and look at the 2nd one you'll see almost a carbon copy of what happened to you regarding the credit check situation. When I first read part of it I had to look to make sure it wan't you! This happened in April of 2017 so as I thought they have been up to no good for a while. The first complaint deals with suspected odometer resetting! Granted, everyone has an axe to grind with someone and sometimes people just make it up but when you read the 2nd complaint you'll crap your pants! Google: Darcars Jeep Orange Park Better Business Bureau. Curious of your reaction! Charlie
Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
2 hours! I understand the hesitation and inconvenience. I did some checking and you'll be very interested in going online to the BBB for Orange Park Chrysler Jeep and Dodge Ram in Jacksonville. (I'm assuming this is DARCARS) If you look at complaints and look at the 2nd one you'll see almost a carbon copy of what happened to you regarding the credit check situation. When I first read part of it I had to look to make sure it wan't you! This happened in April of 2017 so as I thought they have been up to no good for a while. The first complaint deals with suspected odometer resetting! Granted, everyone has an axe to grind with someone and sometimes people just make it up but when you read the 2nd complaint you'll crap your pants! Google: Darcars Jeep Orange Park Better Business Bureau. Curious of your reaction! Charlie
Wow! Legit!

Thanks for pointing that out!

At this point, not really sure where to go with it...

First thing is I want to make sure my credit report is indeed fixed.

After that...Im not really the type of guy to take legal action. 1) I never have so I dont even have a clue where to begin and 2) Im just typically a decently nice guy

I wanted to paste samples here of the signatures (cut picture exactly around name) and let you all compare but not sure if thats wise or allowed.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Ah yes, BBB, forgot about them! Thanks for telling me.

They have very poor reviews on FB and Google.

MY mistake for not investigating them further before dealing with them. Being honest, its my first time buying a new car MYSELF. My first car I was still 16-17 and all was done through my parents even though I worked and paid it myself. 2nd and 3rd car were used and bought privately.

How would I find out who the owner of the dealership is?
BBB? LOL thats little league. I've never seen that really get anywhere. But if what you say is true and they forged your sig and ran your credit, I would say its outright fraud and would be filing with the FTC, probably calling the police, and possibly calling the local news or paper to investigate. This is going way farther than predatory lending shady car dealer stuff and right into true crime.

Something tells me a FTC report and a police report will have someone's attention. A BBB report will likely just make you feel better and give them an eyeroll.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
This is a crime and should be reported to the police and your state attorney. You should sue. Contact your local news and contact the Regional customer service manager as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
This is a crime and should be reported to the police and your state attorney. You should sue. Contact your local news and contact the Regional customer service manager as well.
I've thought about it but on the off chance that I have really early alzheimers and I'm forgetting that I actually did sign, I haven't really pressed the issue. I dont want to get myself in a bad spot because I forgot something so simple.

But logical me doesnt understand why I would sign knowing I already had financing and refusing to even fill out that very same sheet 2 times prior during the ordering process.

Plus, I remember specifically telling me gf (she drove me to the dealership) that I was NOT gonna sign it because I was NOT giving them permission to run my credit.

Ugh. That 1% doubt is eating me.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've thought about it but on the off chance that I have really early alzheimers and I'm forgetting that I actually did sign, I haven't really pressed the issue. I dont want to get myself in a bad spot because I forgot something so simple.

But logical me doesnt understand why I would sign knowing I already had financing and refusing to even fill out that very same sheet 2 times prior during the ordering process.

Plus, I remember specifically telling me gf (she drove me to the dealership) that I was NOT gonna sign it because I was NOT giving them permission to run my credit.

Ugh. That 1% doubt is eating me.
You'll get tons of guys to tell you to sue! Unless you're up for it emotionally and ready to go the distance it's a waste of time. The damage settlement you'd be looking for is? Unless you incur expenses for correcting your credit rating that may or may not have been altered, there is no damage and not much of a civil case. You won't win, dealers go up against lawsuits all the time. I know, I defended plenty of them in New York! 90% of the time the cases started from too much emotion and not stopping to think through to the eventual outcome. There were legit times they got sued and usually for a bone headed move that someone didn't think through or took a stupid posture. (Sound familiar).

You're biggest shot would be the newspaper and the police if they truly forged your initials. That is a crime and if you can prove it that would definitely make the papers!!! But....now that you have written the above email questioning whether or not you did actually initial the paperwork would make this case useless. This forum and content is evidence and if we can see it the dealer can see it so you probably just answered your own question. Leave it alone and move on. Take it from experience, not emotion.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Wow! Legit!

Thanks for pointing that out!

At this point, not really sure where to go with it...

First thing is I want to make sure my credit report is indeed fixed.

After that...Im not really the type of guy to take legal action. 1) I never have so I dont even have a clue where to begin and 2) Im just typically a decently nice guy

I wanted to paste samples here of the signatures (cut picture exactly around name) and let you all compare but not sure if thats wise or allowed.
Maybe call the attorney general for your state.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
You'll get tons of guys to tell you to sue! Unless you're up for it emotionally and ready to go the distance it's a waste of time. The damage settlement you'd be looking for is? Unless you incur expenses for correcting your credit rating that may or may not have been altered, there is no damage and not much of a civil case. You won't win, dealers go up against lawsuits all the time. I know, I defended plenty of them in New York! 90% of the time the cases started from too much emotion and not stopping to think through to the eventual outcome. There were legit times they got sued and usually for a bone headed move that someone didn't think through or took a stupid posture. (Sound familiar).

You're biggest shot would be the newspaper and the police if they truly forged your initials. That is a crime and if you can prove it that would definitely make the papers!!! But....now that you have written the above email questioning whether or not you did actually initial the paperwork would make this case useless. This forum and content is evidence and if we can see it the dealer can see it so you probably just answered your own question. Leave it alone and move on. Take it from experience, not emotion.
I agree with what youre saying, why I havent pressed the issue. I told them in an email reply that Ill wait and see what happens with credit report and if all is fixed, we part ways. Ive already done the damage on their FB and Google. Everyone can see it. Hopefully others will take a look before conducting business.

Haha, the customer service rep accidentally copied her GMs email in my reply. He told her it was big legal accusation but hes inclined to believe his people over me. He said to just apologize and leave it alone.

Unfortunately I quickly realized hes a big coward and wont confront issues. Even when I was in person at the dealership it was hard sitting down with him. If he would just man up and have a professional phone conversation with me about it all, it could possibly just be resolved easily.

Oh well.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree with what youre saying, why I havent pressed the issue. I told them in an email reply that Ill wait and see what happens with credit report and if all is fixed, we part ways. Ive already done the damage on their FB and Google. Everyone can see it. Hopefully others will take a look before conducting business.

Haha, the customer service rep accidentally copied her GMs email in my reply. He told her it was big legal accusation but hes inclined to believe his people over me. He said to just apologize and leave it alone.

Unfortunately I quickly realized hes a big coward and wont confront issues. Even when I was in person at the dealership it was hard sitting down with him. If he would just man up and have a professional phone conversation with me about it all, it could possibly just be resolved easily.

Oh well.
From his perspective...the ball's in your court! If you don't do anything further there's nothing for him to do. Most of the time the final decision maker stays back until some potential major decision or involvement is required. This is the art of "negotiation"...never put the two decision makers together at the start, only at the end if needed. That way there is always a fall back from his lower flunkies. His staff can say anything they want to but went the main man makes a statement it could be binding! He would be following his lawyer's advice by staying out of it unless something develops.

I hope your credit issues resolve themselves quickly (if there are any) and wish you good luck with your JL. Finding another dealership seems like the final resolve. Good dealerships love to impress customers and show you what a great buying experience can be. I've been with my dealer here in Missouri for 10 years, purchased at least 20 vehicles for personal, business and offspring and love going there. I know all the principles and key management and go to dinner with the owner once a year! These are great people and strive to get things right, not always the first time, but they eventually get where they need to be. Granted they are about 15 minutes from house so interaction is much easier than your two hour pilgrimage! I have had to use dealers that I absolutely loathed when I lived in other states but I learned that cooler heads, persistence and assertive confrontation usually prevail. It's a pleasure to discuss things with a decent person!

Prayers be with you!

Sponsored

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
From his perspective...the ball's in your court! If you don't do anything further there's nothing for him to do. Most of the time the final decision maker stays back until some potential major decision or involvement is required. This is the art of "negotiation"...never put the two decision makers together at the start, only at the end if needed. That way there is always a fall back from his lower flunkies. His staff can say anything they want to but went the main man makes a statement it could be binding! He would be following his lawyer's advice by staying out of it unless something develops.

I hope your credit issues resolve themselves quickly (if there are any) and wish you good luck with your JL. Finding another dealership seems like the final resolve. Good dealerships love to impress customers and show you what a great buying experience can be. I've been with my dealer here in Missouri for 10 years, purchased at least 20 vehicles for personal, business and offspring and love going there. I know all the principles and key management and go to dinner with the owner once a year! These are great people and strive to get things right, not always the first time, but they eventually get where they need to be. Granted they are about 15 minutes from house so interaction is much easier than your two hour pilgrimage! I have had to use dealers that I absolutely loathed when I lived in other states but I learned that cooler heads, persistence and assertive confrontation usually prevail. It's a pleasure to discuss things with a decent person!

Prayers be with you!
Well since I already purchased the car and the problem with the credit check was 3-4 days after, I have no ability to go to another dealership lol

Ive been keeping my cool since the beginning. And even after I came back the 2nd time and was ready to rip the sales guy apart after signing, I kept my cool and just was happy to be done with it. I had expressed prior concerns through phone/email and Im sure the sales guy was informed. But I was just happy and shook everyones hand and thanked them and told the sales guy Id be giving a good review.

THEN the credit thing happened and I had it. No way man. Forged sig. Messing with my credit? I was done.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well since I already purchased the car and the problem with the credit check was 3-4 days after, I have no ability to go to another dealership lol

Ive been keeping my cool since the beginning. And even after I came back the 2nd time and was ready to rip the sales guy apart after signing, I kept my cool and just was happy to be done with it. I had expressed prior concerns through phone/email and Im sure the sales guy was informed. But I was just happy and shook everyones hand and thanked them and told the sales guy Id be giving a good review.

THEN the credit thing happened and I had it. No way man. Forged sig. Messing with my credit? I was done.
Completely understood!!

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
What benefit is there to the dealership to run your credit after you've already purchased the jeep and secured financing?

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
That dealership is horrible! They are known around town to do very shady things. I live a couple miles from there.
Sorry to read all this and I hope it gets resolved.
Its partially my fault for not having investigated them prior. To me all dealers suck, I just picked the best price.

At the same time, I feel that a company has a responsibility to provide customer service. But in 2019, I feel like that doesnt exist much anywhere anymore
Sponsored