Sponsored

Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Kidney, I'll trust the Admin's sources that say the Export Wrangler is getting the 2.2L diesel that is already in market, rather than your theories to the contrary based on testing that you admitted you couldn't even remember correctly. :tumbleweed:
Sponsored

kidney

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Italian
Kidney, I'll trust the Admin's sources that say the Export Wrangler is getting the 2.2L diesel that is already in market, rather than your theories to the contrary based on testing that you admitted you couldn't even remember correctly. :tumbleweed:
We'll see.

We have seen 2.0 turbo as a base engine. Or?

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
So am I reading this correctly? The diesel will start production in August of 2018.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
There's a LOT of new systems showing up in the JL, all for the sake of boosting "City Mpg".

For those of us in the wide Open Spaces, and rural areas, it's unnecessary, and adds cost, reliability issues for supposed gains we won't see. Turning it off isn't the issue, the expenses associated with reliability and complexity are a big issue.
At this rate, waiting for the all- electric Wrangler makes sense. Leapfrog this messy fussy interim where internal combustion is reaching its "end of life".

Volvo ; all electric , starting 2019. Major European cities banning diesels ; the ever-increasing complexity of trying to make gasoline engines emissions -compliant is signaling the end of an Era.

Cramming an off road vehicle into Honda Civic fuel economy is absurd, and can best be addressed by All Electric.

I'm thinking my current JK 2dr, manual trans, only options hardtop, A/C, 3:73 gearing, is going to be the "good old days" model of simplicity. The TJ held this spot, but the JKs structural improvements, safety, and handling take the lead.

While I like the big structural , safety improvement of the JL, this rush to (false) fuel economy is creating a technical, sensor-dependant Nightmare.

IF all componets were Military Grade, we'd have a chance. BUT, the Reality is, "Made in China, by the Lowest Bidder."

"For want of a nail, the shoe is lost..."
I am not sold on all the mpg stuff either. Lease-ways I question is the value more for the manufacturer meeting certain standards compared to value for owner. Particularly an owner such as me, who tends to hang onto products like grim death. If some of this stuff starts to fail down the line, might not be fun time for the wallet. Electric though is a no-go at this juncture for me. I've done a lot of off-roading and would be concerned about running out of juice on some trail in the Rockies or where no juice was easily available. Around town though I would love a compact electric commuter car - would probably meet 70% of my family driving needs in the urban area where we live.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Yes. Will be hard seeing 3.6L and 2.0L Wrangler JL's driving around all those months before the diesel starts production. :headbang:
I know what you mean.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FLtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Do none of the insider folks on here have any idea if the power soft top will still be offered early in production, with May date referring only to the power hard top? This waiting is killing me.
It could be the same thing? Since the timeline only refers to one power top and the rest of the soft top dates combine it with dual top so it sounds like that is the basic/premium (non powered) soft top. That's just assuming the timeline accounts for all available options for the first year.

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Will there be backup camera on JLU in 2018? Don't flame me for a dumb or already answered question. I tried searching forum. THX

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Will there be backup camera on JLU in 2018? Don't flame me for a dumb or already answered question. I tried searching forum. THX
Yes. It will be mandatory for MY2018.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd