Sponsored

Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting timeline, effectively they pushed my decision to August of 2018 as I'm waiting to see what the Diesel specs are. I might as well just wait for the 2019's to come out.
In agreement here, and additionally, I'm starting to think I need a JT.

Edit: Thanks admin for providing all this information!
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Interesting decision to hold off on the other engine options until later in the model year. I suspect this may hinder initial JL sales, compounded by the fact that JK will still be on sale for less money. It's as if they are setting JL up for slower sales than what they could have seen out of the gate.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Please note that as of last week FCA is determining the feasibility of pulling forward the 11/13/17 launch date ahead by two weeks to 10/30/17. If this happens the other dates will be impacted as well.
HMMmmm... that date sounds familiar... wonder what major event is going on October 30th that they could possibly launch at... :whatsgoingon:

Oh yeah, SEMA ! :idea:

Well that's a hell of a lot smarter than LA. :like:

Revealing before US Thanksgiving instead of after also allows for all that prime advertising real estate to promote the Wrangler.

fazzster

First Name
Soichiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander
So in January, is the 2.0L 4 door for export only?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
* The following chart is not official and has been created by JLWF to illustrate our info...

Is there actually a split in the 2.0L implementations between N.Am. and export with the export market only getting ESS and not BSG or is that a typo?

IMG_0988.jpg

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Wow. and I thought I was getting one in Feb/Mar, that's out now, and i'm sure we will see the power top at the L.A. show.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Interesting decision to hold off on the other engine options until later in the model year. I suspect this may hinder initial JL sales, compounded by the fact that JK will still be on sale for less money. It's as if they are setting JL up for slower sales than what they could have seen out of the gate.
FCA is currently selling JKs as fast as they can make them with only one engine option, and given teh production ramp of a new model I'd bet large amounts of money that trying to launch everything the engines at once wouldn't do anything more than increase the number of backorders and reduce avialbility. They may take more orders the other way, but I doubt they'd wind up delivering any more vehicles in the first few quarters...

dtbingle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 miata, 2011 liberty
Occupation
automotive nvh development
So are orders for 2018 jku already open then and when are they expected to take new orders until? Also, is there a 2018 build sheet available yet? Obviously the components of the vehicle will mostly remain the same, but they always seem to change colors and how they package each option on a year-to-year basis.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
HMMmmm... that date sounds familiar... wonder what major event is going on October 30th that they could possibly launch at... :whatsgoingon:

Revealing before US Thanksgiving instead of after also allows for all that prime advertising real estate to promote the Wrangler.
The 11/13 "launch date" per the chart is a production launch, not the "press" launch in LA. So are you comparing apples to oranges here?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Although I really do appreciate FCA allowing the Wrangler to remain true to it's roots, I am upset that the 2 door is being neglected. I understand the Unlimited sells more, but a 3 month delay isn't right. The 2 door is the reason this vehicle exists. Not that I'm getting one in November, but the idea of only JLUs being on the street/getting attention is worrying for the future of the 2 door.

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Viva Las Vegas!!

Vegas for SEMA... On Halloween too!! My liver will never recover!

If true, I seriously can make this a business trip!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Viva Las Vegas!!

Vegas for SEMA... On Halloween too!! My liver will never recover!

If true, I seriously can make this a business trip!
While I hope that is true I think Chuck H above is correct in that the Admin meant the production launch and not press :(

dtbingle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 miata, 2011 liberty
Occupation
automotive nvh development

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The 11/13 "launch date" per the chart is a production launch, not the "press" launch in LA. So are you comparing apples to oranges here?
BOO!!! HISSSSSS!!!!

:crying:

:jk:
Sponsored