Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV

DBBHride

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Background info- I would consider myself moderately skilled at off-roading technical trails. Have done a fair amount of other types of off-roading. Majority of this has been on four-wheelers, dirt bikes, and lifted trucks. I purchased my first Jeep two years ago, which led to an interest in gaining experience I consider to be more technical. I have a 2020 JLUR, 3.6 manual. Recently installed a 2 inch lift and 35x12.50 MT Baja Boss AT tires. Stock 4.10 gearing for now. A few other mods but nothing I would consider relevant for the topic at hand.

We have a family trip planned for Beasley Knob OHV next weekend. A thorough search through the forum, Google, YouTube, etc. provided some decent information but I am hoping the forum members who have been there will be able to provide some additional information. Two themes that kept popping up in my search- go when the trail is dry and you'd benefit greatly from having a winch. I do not have a winch installed in the Jeep yet. However, the weather looks to be in our favor. The highest chance of rain is on Monday (24% chance last I checked). Staying around 10% or less chance the other days.

My two kids (ages 2 and 5) have both been very interested in all things Jeep. So I try to include them as much as possible with maintenance, modifications, and "off-roading" (for them it has mostly just been dirt roads and a few mud puddles here and there). The next adventure will be their first badge of honor trail. I don't anticipate maintaining their interest for very long while we are on the trail. A couple hours seems realistic, but spending anymore than half the day at Beasley Knob seems unrealistic.

For those with knowledge and/or experience at Beasley Knob, do you have recommendations for trails within Beasley Knob that are recommended based on my limitations (skill level, limited time, passengers) and not having a winch? It seems like 93c would be a decent trail to try out but not sure about the other ones? I gather 93b and 93g seem to be much more technical and advanced than the current trip calls for. Any input is welcomed and appreciated. Recent picture of the Jeep included below just because.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV 1665758117029
Sponsored

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
@dnlfry Did you ever make it over to Beasley Knob? If so, what were your impressions and which trails did you do? I've finally gotten my rig/recovery gear to the point where I would feel confident trying the trails there. I was going to go over the holiday break, but saw trail reports where it was closed due to rain.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Very muddy and rutted out, but every trail except for 93B is doable in a stock Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV 44358F02-5535-4541-8BCA-6F8F816AA131

93B is only about a mile long but extremely difficult. Ran into four guys doing it who trailered their built rigs. Two turned around and the other two took them about 12 hours.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV 8949DC98-9225-4AFE-A647-75FC6B9E625D

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV E0E0C061-B074-4FCE-B0EF-EAFE96F8EAB5

OP
OP
DBBHride

DBBHride

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Very muddy and rutted out, but every trail except for 93B is doable in a stock Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming trip to Beasley Knob OHV E0E0C061-B074-4FCE-B0EF-EAFE96F8EAB5

93B is only about a mile long but extremely difficult. Ran into four guys doing it who trailered their built rigs. Two turned around and the other two took them about 12 hours.

Thanks for sharing some about your trip! Sounds like you had a fun, and overall successful time out on the trails. I had read some of the trails can get a little hairy right before the close them for the season (usually Feb/March??). Which direction did you take the trails? Any more pictures to share of the trip?

I still need to check Beasley Knob out myself. We made the trip up the Dahlonega, which was my excuse to visit Beasley Knob. Unfortunately, one of the kids got sick so we ended up staying in more than anticipated, so I wasn’t able to check it out while we were up there.
Sponsored