Sponsored

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
If any arrive on the ground before I order my 2024 Rubicon, I may take a look at one in person.
The picture by itself is not going to make me switch.
The "Darth Vader mouth" on Toyota and Lexus is just too prominent as the first thing you see coming atcha.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
Looks good, and competition is good for everyone. SFA is still the differentiator that matters to a lot of us.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. I’ll be keeping my jeep but I always like to see competition. My wife drives a 2018 4Runner and it has been rock solid for 85k miles despite her treating it like shit. After our positive experience with her 4R I would happily have another Toyota (or Lexus for that matter) in the family as a second vehicle to complement my jeep.

People say they’re boring, which is true, but boring can be a positive thing when you need a dependable workhorse to move you across the country.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm...so it is coming out in 2025 now?

Toyota has been pushing back all-new 4Runner's launch for two years now.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I have never understood why Toyota does not sell the 79 series in the us. I think they would take a huge market share overnight from Jeep. Instead, they just focus on IFS softroaders.
I assume they have done the math and know what they are doing. But, the market for proper off roaders with solid axles is huge in the us.
While sure, most people don't need it. People like the "idea" that if they did need it, it's there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming Competition: 2025 Toyota 4Runner Hybrid Expected (and EV Possible) 1679507301062

Last edited:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I have never understood why Toyota does not sell the 79 series in the us. I think they would take a huge market share overnight from Jeep. Instead, they just focus on IFS softroaders.
I assume they have done the math and know what they are doing. But, the market for proper off roaders with solid axles is huge in the.
While sure, most people don't need it. People like the "idea" that if they did need it, it's there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upcoming Competition: 2025 Toyota 4Runner Hybrid Expected (and EV Possible) 1679507301062
Preach. I imagine it would have to be updated to meet US crash standards, but I also know Toyota could find a way if it wanted to. However, I think many people would be shocked by the price of a 79 series if it did come here. Are we willing to pay $50k for one?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Preach. I imagine it would have to be updated to meet US crash standards, but I also know Toyota could find a way if it wanted to. However, I think many people would be shocked by the price of a 79 series if it did come here. Are we willing to pay $50k for one?
True. But considering the resale of land cruisers, it's basically like a savings account.
Sponsored