Sponsored

Up down air skid plate mount, under chassis?

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
image.png
Anybody Have experience with this up down air? It says skid plate mount, is that mounted under chassis? Any one have this? Any installed photos? The website gives no details.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
image.png
Anybody Have experience with this up down air? It says skid plate mount, is that mounted under chassis? Any one have this? Any installed photos? The website gives no details.
I spoke with Scott the owner, the installation instructions are now posted to the website. This bracket is on my short list.
I may even add the other kit later, he did mention that they have been testing the dual compressor attached to the 40 amp circuit on the AUX switches and have not had any issues with it thus far.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like this kind of warranty!

Capture.JPG

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My mount "skid plate" for the ARB Twin should be here tomorrow, but I am working and was planning on wheeling on Sun or Mon so I won't be able to install it quite yet, BUT I am stoked.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
In another thread, someone posted concerns about submerging their ARB compressor. May I assume that this is not a consideration for those of you considering this very cool skid-plate mount? I've encountered limited water crossings, but always get nervous when people bring up points like this.

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In another thread, someone posted concerns about submerging their ARB compressor. May I assume that this is not a consideration for those of you considering this very cool skid-plate mount? I've encountered limited water crossings, but always get nervous when people bring up points like this.
I don't think it will be too much of a problem, I plan on elevating the filters to the engine compartment. The electrical connections are waterproof, the only concern would be the air intake, so remote filters should fix that problem. This article from 4Wheeler magazine talks about the compressor.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/electrical/129-1201-new-arb-two-in-one-compressor-system/

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I don't think it will be too much of a problem, I plan on elevating the filters to the engine compartment. The electrical connections are waterproof, the only concern would be the air intake, so remote filters should fix that problem. This article from 4Wheeler magazine talks about the compressor.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/electrical/129-1201-new-arb-two-in-one-compressor-system/
I mentioned it and this is the solution. I was talking directly to the ARB rep and someone was asking him about mounting it underneath. The filters, air intake have to be moved up above the water line if crossing water. Occasional splashing he said probably wouldn't hurt it.

Not worth it for me. I am waiting for engine compartment mount and if that doesn't happen I will mount in the rear cubby space and lose that storage area.

zippoc04

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It doesn't look like this mount will work for the JLs with a standard transmission. Mine has a standard trans and is lacking the transmission crossmember they reference in the skid plate mount install guide. I see the threaded nuts for where it would be, but no bar of metal there. Reached out to Up Down Air to see if that's the case, but if it is, those of us who prefer the more pure driving experience of a 6-speed are out of luck.

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
It doesn't look like this mount will work for the JLs with a standard transmission. Mine has a standard trans and is lacking the transmission crossmember they reference in the skid plate mount install guide. I see the threaded nuts for where it would be, but no bar of metal there. Reached out to Up Down Air to see if that's the case, but if it is, those of us who prefer the more pure driving experience of a 6-speed are out of luck.
Let me know if you hear back from the manufacture. I have a 6-speed as well and I've been debating the options for onboard air mount locations. As much as I hate to use the storage area, I think that's my best option based on the accessories I've seen to date.

Mjanski

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Any updates on folks running this setup? Looking at doing this instead of engine bay to keep the compressor from getting heat soaked from the engine. Also seems easier to mount there then snaking through the mess under the hood.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on folks running this setup? Looking at doing this instead of engine bay to keep the compressor from getting heat soaked from the engine. Also seems easier to mount there then snaking through the mess under the hood.
Just ran Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats in Colorado last weekend. Although I have the remote air filter parts, I haven't installed them yet, but the ARB Twin performed great. The trails had only been open for a couple of days due to the 2-500% Snowpack here in Colorado. Loads of water crossings which had the compressor completely submerged. I hope this helps.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/266-coney-flats-coney-creek
Sponsored