Sponsored

Unwrapped 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU from production plant!

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I thought the leading theory is that the for the JL windshield, the glass folds down, but not the A-pillars?
You are correct WaltA , I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that just the windshield will fold down.
Sponsored

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
They just had the JL in plain view on a tour? I thought the JL prototypes were being built in a private section of the plant. Did you see anything else interesting?
I was on a private tour. They don't give tours. We (just me and my friend) had to walk through the section where they will be assembling the JL's to get to the JK assembly line. I was there to see the JK's. There JL line had no Jeeps on it. There was just a few one wrapped, a red Jeep. I have pics of the wrapped Jeep on my Social Media. It was outside so I could take pics of the wrapped Jeep. I couldn't take pics inside. The red Jeep was surrounded by 3 engineers with laptops. They were working inside the Jeep. I saw it from a distance and looked pretty much like the JK's. The body lines are aerodymanic looking.The grab handle in the back seat reminded me of my aftermarket grab handle I put on my JKU in the front. The front bumper reminded me of the 75th anniversary Jeep's bumper. I glanced inside quickly and the interior looks flatter, if that makes sense. The one I saw was a hard top with painted fenders. I didn't get to spend a long time looking maybe just a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

Darin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Anyone want to buy a 2016 JK? I need to make room in my garage. We'll be bringing his younger brother home sometime in 2018.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Anyone want to buy a 2016 JK? I need to make room in my garage. We'll be bringing his younger brother home sometime in 2018.

Just do what I did, pre-trade it in keep the equity with the dealer until JL. I just did that with my 2017 GC SRT. Plus I saved my $500 month payment.

Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I know this doesn't add anything substantive to the discussion, but this is getting me PUMPED.

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Two words US diesel

You're welcome lol
Are you saying that's a diesel in the pic or there's a US diesel coming? If the latter we all basically know that already we just dont have a time frame when it will be available (besides some rumors about late 2019)

Killerdmax87

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A xj
Are you saying that's a diesel in the pic or there's a US diesel coming? If the latter we all basically know that already we just dont have a time frame when it will be available (besides some rumors about late 2019)
That one isn't a diesel but they are being built now, heard one drive by and parked. US urea injection fill tube, mph Speedo and left hand drive. It's no rumor, only thing that sucks is no 6 speed manual option for the Eco-diesel only 4 cyl gas and 3.6

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
That one isn't a diesel but they are being built now, heard one drive by and parked. US urea injection fill tube, mph Speedo and left hand drive. It's no rumor, only thing that sucks is no 6 speed manual option for the Eco-diesel only 4 cyl gas and 3.6

sm_worthless.gif

(Well, this post anyway)

You saw a JLU diesel but no takey pics? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Being built already? :rock::rock:

But what Billy said too :cwl:;)

So.... 2018 model year seems very possible??

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
You can really see the the lack of forward tapering on the JL hood.

Compare below to the JK and it is very noticeable.

wrangler-jl-hood-5-copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

Killerdmax87

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A xj
From the tj body lines, to a yj"ish" dash amazing looks.......they are amazing looking in my opinion. I think the JL will sell even hotter than the JK honestly in my opinion.

She's a beauty in so many ways

Killerdmax87

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A xj
The only thing I'm kind meh about is front axle on the awd variants having cv joints......but the rubi has u-joints still

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
You can really see the the lack of forward tapering on the JL hood. Compare to the JK and it is very noticeable.
Not getting it. Which is which? And how do you define the forward tapering?
Sponsored