Sponsored

Unwrapped 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU from production plant!

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The fact that there's one pic on here means there are many more that were taken!
WE NEED MORE PICS! :like: :fingerscrossed:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'm a bit concerned seeing those (apparently) same non-adjustable headrests from the JK that forces your head in a slight downward position.
The JK's non-adjustable head restraints are the worst. I still hope that the JL's will be adjustable. But I'm not holding my breath. :(

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Rounded window corners are subtle change but I like it.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
that looks really cool.I am stoked signed up for tread lightly, can wait got early entry to LA auto show. The hood has what looks like tie downs for the windshield, the door line looks cool I am stoked can'w wait!

Sponsored

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
I called two (local) Canadian dealers and I actually knew more than they did (based on you guys-thanks). They have received nothing from Jeep Canada on an ETA, options, etc...
Same Here, I went to a canadian dealer in Ontario last week, and they checked on their system, and they had no signs of Jl at all.
Where in Canada are you located, Toronto GTA here.

I even showed the sales person how to get to this site lol, he had no idea

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
Really liking the flatter hood and less forward rake. It's one of the things that's bothered me about the JK for the longest time.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Is the "Trail Rated" badge recessed? I am going by the curvature of the reflections immediately around the badge.

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
I really hope those mirrors are as removable as they look. They look like they can pop out of the door, and then pop into the doorless body. Also, the body line is exactly like the TJ's because it stops by the A pillar and continues above the fenders. I really hope there's more pics out there that will leak soon.
I like your hopes - because it doesn't really look like there's the same multiple bolts like on the JK windshield area for adding an aftermarket side mirror. From what seems to be visible, looks like there's only one bolt right near the windshield, and then another further down the hood line. Might make for a weird aftermarket doors-off mirror implementation.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
It's clearly a sport, and every recent mule has had a hood bump, so it seems pretty clear that hood will be standard. Does anyone have any reason to doubt the new JL will be eligible for tread lightly? I was going to sign up but I'd hate to find out the JL is not eligible.

Sponsored

Overlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks so much more like a TJ than a JK all the body lines just scream 2nd gen TJ. I like it a lot.

fazzster

First Name
Soichiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander
The turbo 4 makes a lot of heat. The side vent will probably be standard across the line or just on the 4 cylinder. Maybe this is a pre-production 4 cylinder?

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
The lack of rock rails, decals and the tires appear to be standard street tires. Doesn't really look like a rubi other than the hood.

Edit: Also I think the line under the Wrangler sticker just might say Sport
I didn't get a good look on my phone but now on desktop and totally agree this is probably a sport based on the tires. Surprised to see the hood vent, it's very aggressive for Sport. I wonder if it'll be an option on Sport or just standard across the whole line..

If you're right about the Sport sticker they've made it a lot smaller and removed it from the hood, which I actually like.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Given the lack of demarcation on the side of the hood to indicate trim level, this could be a Sport model based on what appear to be more street-friendly tires and lack of rock rails. However, the vehicle also has a vented hood so it remains to be seen whether this will be a Rubicon-only feature as it is in the current generation JK Wrangler.
Could be a Rubicon that simply hasn't had its rock rails attached yet. The real rock rails could be an even bigger surprise, and more care is being taken to hide them?

Are we sure that this picture is of a fully 100% completed JL, ready to ship out?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I really hope those mirrors are as removable as they look. They look like they can pop out of the door, and then pop into the doorless body. Also, the body line is exactly like the TJ's because it stops by the A pillar and continues above the fenders. I really hope there's more pics out there that will leak soon.
Yes af.

If they aren't mounted on the A-pillar, at least make them quickly plug-n-play once doors are off.

A-pillar made more sense to me since they can be power mirrors, without needing power doors...
Sponsored