Sponsored

Unusual Tire wear

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I have one tire that is more worn than the rest of them, can’t figure out why. Any opinions on where I should put this tire on my Jeep until I get new ones. (Probably by summer). The wear pattern is even and I rotate them every 5000 miles following the preferred 4x4 rotate pattern. Tire pressure is all the same too.
Sponsored

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
My wife has a newish Subaru Ascent. The two rear tires wore away on the inside edge until the cord was showing. The dealer quoted about $1100, iirc. I took it to Costco and got new tires for around $780, or so... anyway my wife complained to Subaru that the factory tires had a 30k-50k mile warranty. Subaru cut me a check for half the cost of the Costco tires! And sent her a box of brownies!, and a weird cutting board with Subaru engraved on it!

My point to this is, tires have a tread wear warranty. Since it is wearing evenly, maybe the dealer will pro-rate the tire(s)..

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My wife has a newish Subaru Ascent. The two rear tires wore away on the inside edge until the cord was showing. The dealer quoted about $1100, iirc. I took it to Costco and got new tires for around $780, or so... anyway my wife complained to Subaru that the factory tires had a 30k-50k mile warranty. Subaru cut me a check for half the cost of the Costco tires! And sent her a box of brownies!, and a weird cutting board with Subaru engraved on it!

My point to this is, tires have a tread wear warranty. Since it is wearing evenly, maybe the dealer will pro-rate the tire(s)..
BOTH rear tires....that's a camber issue, not a tire issue

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The owners manual for my wife’s supercharged Jaguar says not to rotate the tires. Says they will wear in how the car wants them to and to not mess with it.

Had never heard of that until this car. I’m guessing we are in for more frequent tire replacement.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
BOTH rear tires....that's a camber issue, not a tire issue
Well, it could be camber or toe out, but it’s on the rear. No visible camber issue so wtf. And they did a 4 wheel alignment, everything checked out. I guess long term will tell. Btw, the car was in for it’s first service, tires had not been previously rotated. I should follow behind it and see if it crab walks down the road like so many Ford trucks do...
Sponsored