Unrepairable 2021 wrangler

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I understand the frustration with having a newer vehicle still under warranty and a dealer claiming they can't fix it. Start with contacting Jeep corporate to discuss the issue and the solutions. Regardless of how frustrated you are now try to be nice and keep an open mind.....there are people out there constantly trying to scam places into getting a new vehicle, or they maybe wrecked a vehicle at one point in time and trying to blame the car company now because something is wrong with it. Just trying to give you perspective from the "other side" of the phone.

Love how people start throwing out the lawyer and lemon law advice whenever somebody has an issue with a vehicle, even though they don't know anything about it. About 30 seconds on Google found that in Tennessee the Lemon Law is only applicable within 12 months of purchase of a new vehicle, which I would guess is not the case if you have a 2021 model??? I do believe that a manufacturer is required to pay the attorney fees assuming you win the case, though for people who actually have a valid case and go through a lawyer I would verify what happens if you don't win.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares

I was told this evening from.my dealership that my option on my unrepairable 2021 jeep wrangler (that I paid 58,788) with 21k miles was to trade it in and add an extra $22,699 to get a 2022 jeep wrangler? Is that what jeep is doing for people with the death wobble? Making them pay $81,487 to drive a safe jeep?
I need help. Why am not not offered a buyback and allow me to purchase a safe jeep?
I am insulted at such a ludicrously pricey solution to a problem that I didn't create, should be under warranty and is a known issue that can't be repaired.
Thank you for tagging us, we'd be happy to discuss your situation further. Please send a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I'm only 4 hours from you. Have it trailered to Kernersville, NC.

I can fix it for you.
THIS!!! hes been on the forum and known for his skill to fix DW. Most likely your best route is to fix it your self or have someone like @chevymitchell look into it. Personally I had my jeep get DW once in the four years ive had it. I changed the stabilizer as a " quick fix" thus i know its more like masking the issues. I already went through caster angle and move it up a half degree and haven't had an issue since. As my jeep is 4 years old and 26K miles i know that its going to need Ball Joints as it is the Main cooperate to DW I just ordered a set of Dyna-trac HD joints to have installed while i am getting the jeep re-geared. There is always a way to fix it. The dealer is just tired of loosing money to a known issue. Just my 2 cents

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There is always a way to fix it. The dealer is just tired of loosing money to a known issue. Just my 2 cents
That's a lot of what it comes down to. Dealers get paid poorly for warranty work, and it isn't paid in timely manner.

If Jeep/Stellantis took customer satisfaction seriously, they would pay dealers the book time for repairs and pay promptly. And this poor dealer service experience is getting worse as Jeep begins launching 6 figure luxury SUVs. We bought just a regular Wagoneer, but if I have dealer issues if/when the times arises, you can bet Stellantis corporate will be contacted.

If Jeep wants to be a quasi-luxury brand, and based on prices it looks like they want to, then they have to pay to play. There's a reason people keep buying horribly expensive to fix and very expensive Land/Range Rovers, it's because the dealers do whatever it takes to resolve issues and satisfy their clients. Same with almost every other luxury brand out there, except Lincoln.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 6MT Sport & 2023 JL 2 Door 6MT Sport
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech
I see alot saying dealers don't want to fix it. The issue is 1 of two things, OEM parts arent going to resolve the issue, or the techs are clueless.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
It's, in all likelihood, probably one or more of the following:

Trackbar bushings or brackets
Ball joints
Steering linkage rod ends
Improper/flighty toe setting
Bad caster setting

IMO, if you're not inclined to chase it down yourself, I'd stop messing around with the dealer and just take it to @chevymitchell. DW is totally fixable and it just takes someone who actually knows Jeeps to troubleshoot it. Most dealer techs don't live and breathe Jeep suspensions the way enthusiasts do and therefore dealer techs aren't worth your time.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
It's, in all likelihood, probably one or more of the following:

Trackbar bushings or brackets
Ball joints
Steering linkage rod ends
Improper/flighty toe setting
Bad caster setting

IMO, if you're not inclined to chase it down yourself, I'd stop messing around with the dealer and just take it to @chevymitchell. DW is totally fixable and it just takes someone who actually knows Jeeps to troubleshoot it. Most dealer techs don't live and breathe Jeep suspensions the way enthusiasts do and therefore dealer techs aren't worth your time.
This. Just get it done.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That's a lot of what it comes down to. Dealers get paid poorly for warranty work, and it isn't paid in timely manner.

If Jeep/Stellantis took customer satisfaction seriously, they would pay dealers the book time for repairs and pay promptly. And this poor dealer service experience is getting worse as Jeep begins launching 6 figure luxury SUVs. We bought just a regular Wagoneer, but if I have dealer issues if/when the times arises, you can bet Stellantis corporate will be contacted.

If Jeep wants to be a quasi-luxury brand, and based on prices it looks like they want to, then they have to pay to play. There's a reason people keep buying horribly expensive to fix and very expensive Land/Range Rovers, it's because the dealers do whatever it takes to resolve issues and satisfy their clients. Same with almost every other luxury brand out there, except Lincoln.
LR absolutely does NOT do whatever it takes to resolve issues. From personal experience. In fact — they were worse than Jeep. It just depends on your luck of the draw with dealerships so your experience may have been different. Even Porsche has that history of not wanting to do jack again depending on dealer group.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
LR absolutely does NOT do whatever it takes to resolve issues. From personal experience. In fact — they were worse than Jeep. It just depends on your luck of the draw with dealerships so your experience may have been different. Even Porsche has that history of not wanting to do jack again depending on dealer group.
They only have one dealer here, and for all of South Texas. People buy the crap out them and go back for more. We looked at an LR4 a few years ago when they were still new. The dealer experience was so good, that we almost bought the damn thing.

Same with the local Porsche dealer. Only one in town and they cover all of South Texas. Austin has two Porsche dealers, so I guess they sell a bunch of them there. Bu the Austin market is very different than the San Antonio and South Texas market.

Now, we have 5 Jeep dealers in the San Antonio area. I can say that I dislike them all. We bought both the Wrangler and the Wagoneer in Austin, but from different dealers. The one where I bought the Wrangler was not very good 2 years later when we wanted to buy the Wagoneer.

But, almost all dealers suck, they are a necessary evil for the most part. They change management and/or owners frequently, so consistency is a problem as well.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Devils advocate...Is the dealer looking to flip it?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They only have one dealer here, and for all of South Texas. People buy the crap out them and go back for more. We looked at an LR4 a few years ago when they were still new. The dealer experience was so good, that we almost bought the damn thing.

Same with the local Porsche dealer. Only one in town and they cover all of South Texas. Austin has two Porsche dealers, so I guess they sell a bunch of them there. Bu the Austin market is very different than the San Antonio and South Texas market.

Now, we have 5 Jeep dealers in the San Antonio area. I can say that I dislike them all. We bought both the Wrangler and the Wagoneer in Austin, but from different dealers. The one where I bought the Wrangler was not very good 2 years later when we wanted to buy the Wagoneer.

But, almost all dealers suck, they are a necessary evil for the most part. They change management and/or owners frequently, so consistency is a problem as well.
agreed 100%
Its too bad here in AZ — all dealers pretty much have gone to shit besides Porsche N Scottsdale in terms of service.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
A quick suggestion before you give up or spend lots of money. I had a JK that developed DW. It happened to me several times about 60-65 mph when hitting a bump. A NAPA repair center employee also had it happen to him on a test drive after replacing a cat convertor.

The tires were about due replacement so I put on Durtracs and DW went away. Your problem could be as simple as tire balancing.
Sponsored