Sponsored

Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I have posted this picture in another thread, but I feel that it should be here at home, in this Unofficial 2-Door Owners Section!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink IMG_1172
I often miss my TJ, loved that size. With 35’s, 4” lift and lockers front and rear that thing went anywhere I wanted it to. The rust here in Jersey just keeps taking most of my Jeeps.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Now the outnumber the 2 doors by a lot. If I do see a 2dr around its a jk or older.

Also rumors say jeep is only accept custom orders for 2dr JLs from customers for 2022 with no dealer allotments.
To tell u the truth we have a lot of 2 door jl’s around here. We really do.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
To tell u the truth we have a lot of 2 door jl’s around here. We really do.
I see a 2-door around here every time I go out. More JKs than JLs, but still. Of course there are more 4-doors by a long shot, but we aren't exactly unicorns as some people like to joke.

Sponsored

jblackst

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU; '22 JL (well, it's the wife's)
The 2 doors are out there. I went to a fairly small local restaurant a few nights ago in my 4dr JL, there were THREE 2drs there (1 JL and 2 JKs). Definitely not the norm.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Don’t presume to know what others want or need, just cause you can’t hack it.

Hell Kevin , I even have a Rekluse clutch and left hand rear brake on my Beta for the nasty rock gardens!! :like::LOL:

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Even the XJ Cherokee I had, and of course the Comanche had 2 doors. I've never had a 4 door Jeep of any kind.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Oh, I see what you mean. I actually like the wide-ratio trans, especially for first gear, but I get what that poster is saying, and especially second gear. There is quite a jump on the JL manual, between first and second, and I feel it. I don't really care too much about sixth gear, but use it occasionally. I wouldn't give up the lower first gear though for the closer-ratio. I'd rather drive it like a five-speed and have a lower first gear. I've got the Rubicon with lower differential gearing, so that may be a significant difference as well. My $0.02 anyway.
I think the 4.10s would and do make a huge difference in how the new 6 speed drives. I did not drive a JL Rubicon. All 6 speeds should come with 3.73s or lower.

Last edited: