Sponsored

Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
As far as I can tell, the 2 door rear mats are two smaller separate mats. Probably to make getting them out easier?
When I ordered on 9/1, my dealer couldnt even add mats to my order. Said they would sell me a set at 25% off when they got some.
My wife emailed them this weekend asking if they had any and was told they were out of stock. I told her to make sure she tells them it's a 2 door as that may change things. Well, it did. They have 2 door mats in stock. They wil put them in the JL when they deliver it to us in 2-3 weeks. Still 25% off. 🙂
I would not worry about mats. If you order all weather mats from the factory you will not get carpeted mats. It's better to not order factor all-weather mats and to buy Mopar or any other all-weather mats later so you also get carpeted mats.

The Mopar all weather mats are good but you can order aftermarket ones from one of many vendors. Spme vendors offer Forum members a discount. Brands like WeatherTech have a single piece rear mat. They have better coverage and can be easily remove if needed.

Honestly the factory carpeted mats are nothing to write home about. I never use them. They stay new unused until I sell. I want them so I could throw them back in when I sell so everything looks fresh and new.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
As far as I can tell, the 2 door rear mats are two smaller separate mats. Probably to make getting them out easier?
When I ordered on 9/1, my dealer couldnt even add mats to my order. Said they would sell me a set at 25% off when they got some.
My wife emailed them this weekend asking if they had any and was told they were out of stock. I told her to make sure she tells them it's a 2 door as that may change things. Well, it did. They have 2 door mats in stock. They wil put them in the JL when they deliver it to us in 2-3 weeks. Still 25% off. 🙂
Amazon has them, 8 in stock. They are terrific mats btw.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C9C1NQ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink 1634733452785

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Here's a few pics of my 2 door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink IMG_20201104_101535640_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink IMG_20210708_145306875_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink IMG_20210429_110603701_HDR

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I would not worry about mats. If you order all weather mats from the factory you will not get carpeted mats. It's better to not order factor all-weather mats and to buy Mopar or any other all-weather mats later so you also get carpeted mats.

The Mopar all weather mats are good but you can order aftermarket ones from one of many vendors. Spme vendors offer Forum members a discount. Brands like WeatherTech have a single piece rear mat. They have better coverage and can be easily remove if needed.

Honestly the factory carpeted mats are nothing to write home about. I never use them. They stay new unused until I sell. I want them so I could throw them back in when I sell so everything looks fresh and new.
I never use the carpeted mats either. Probably never have anyone in the back seat either.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I originally started with a 2 door TJ back in the 90s. Absolutely loved that little brute! I have since owned a 4 door JK and 4 door 2018 JLU. Since my kids have been gone for 10 years, and the backseat was never used, I went back to my roots a bit and got a beautiful Snazberry Pearl on July 9. I love this thing; nimble, loaded, and just downright fun to drive. It's so great to be back in a 2 door.....I feel like myself again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink IMG_0399

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Some have mentioned removing the back seats, BTDT. For my last 10 day road/camping trip I removed the passenger seat also. I installed a DIY plywood platform with a cooler mounted on top and all my tools under it. Not only did the empty seat space get better used, the 100+ lbs. balanced out the load distrubtion better. I may not change this set up. haha, I'd don't have much need for Ass, Grass or Gas riders.
My two door is being shipped ....I have a full length mat waiting, and the rear seat is coming out the first day it comes home.

Sponsored

Outrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Some have mentioned removing the back seats, BTDT. For my last 10 day road/camping trip I removed the passenger seat also. I installed a DIY plywood platform with a cooler mounted on top and all my tools under it. Not only did the empty seat space get better used, the 100+ lbs. balanced out the load distrubtion better. I may not change this set up. haha, I'd don't have much need for Ass, Grass or Gas riders.
How big a deal is it to remove the passenger saet?

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company
Colorado, on Imogene, east side of the pass
I was in Colorado three weeks ago on the trails. That one is on my list, which trail is that, there are two Imogene trails correct?

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
I was in Colorado three weeks ago on the trails. That one is on my list, which trail is that, there are two Imogene trails correct?
Only one that I know of. Ouray to Telluride.
Sponsored