AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Makes me just want to go back to stock. Never thought this shit would be so
Complicated
If you stick it out then make sure you get the extension cable. Working on those connections up under the dash is a royal pain.
Sponsored

ndprice02

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
If you stick it out then make sure you get the extension cable. Working on those connections up under the dash is a royal pain.
Great advice thank you. Any way you can get the Oracle lights to work without the tazer? Doesn’t seem like it blah

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Great advice thank you. Any way you can get the Oracle lights to work without the tazer? Doesn’t seem like it blah
JSCAN does nearly everything that Tazer will and can set the system to use LEDs. You might want to check into it.

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
This might be a dumb question, but for even just an oil change is it advisable to unmarry and remove the Tazer JL?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This might be a dumb question, but for even just an oil change is it advisable to unmarry and remove the Tazer JL?
There is no such thing as a "dumb question". Not to ask a question you have is dumb.

YES, always, unmarry and remove the Tazer JL ...because very often a vehicle goes in for say an oil change and the Service Dept. just goes ahead and hooks up the vehicle to their WiTechll to do an update your vehicle is tagged for by Stellantis.

You especially will see this happen when the dealership service department is having a slow day and wanting to keep a Tech busy.... and to make some additional $ for the service dept..

Sponsored

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
There is no such thing as a "dumb question". Not to ask a question you have is dumb.

YES, always, unmarry and remove the Taze JL ...because very often a vehicle goes in for say an oil change and the Service Dept. just goes ahead and hooks up the vehicle to their WiTechll to do an update your vehicle is tagged for by Stellantis.

You especially will see this happen when the dealership service department is having a slow day and wanting to keep a Tech busy.... and to make some additional $ for the service dept..
Makes sense. Thanks.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
it is nothing to unmarry it. When you get the Jeep back from service just marry t back up and all of your settings are there. The tazer saves all of your sttings so you dont have to reset everything when you marry it back up. It takes minutes

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
it is nothing to unmarry it. When you get the Jeep back from service just marry t back up and all of your settings are there. The tazer saves all of your sttings so you dont have to reset everything when you marry it back up. It takes minutes
That was something else I was wondering. If the Tazer remembers all of your custom settings when you unmarry it so you don’t have to go through and re-set it all up again when you marry it after the service visit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That was something else I was wondering. If the Tazer remembers all of your custom settings when you unmarry it so you don’t have to go through and re-set it all up again when you marry it after the service visit.
@Largefarva

It wise/prudent to recheck all settings after a remarry.. You could possibly find a setting a muck after a remarry.. Yes, it happens.

DO keep a piece of paper in the JL all the time, that lists all the changes you have made with the Tazer JL. When on the road/trail, then in a pinch you have a record of what the fruck you did with the Tazer JL, setting wise.

Also, it is wise to keep a printout of the Tazer JL instructions with you in the JL, until you are Tazer JL savvy enough to work with the Tazer JL without reading instr..

Largefarva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
@Largefarva

It wise/prudent to recheck all settings after a remarry.. You could possibly find a setting a muck after a remarry.. Yes, it happens.

DO keep a piece of paper in the JL all the time, that lists all the changes you have made with the Tazer JL. When on the road/trail, then in a pinch you have a record of what the fruck you did with the Tazer JL, setting wise.

Also, it is wise to keep a printout of the Tazer JL instructions with you in the JL, until you are Tazer JL savvy enough to work with the Tazer JL without reading instr..
Yeah I have a printed copy of the instructions in the glove box and created a note on my phone with all of my custom settings.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
it doesn't remember everything. mine always forgets fog light drop <no>, panic button disable <yes> and DRL disable <yes>.

keep a list.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Yeah not once has mine remembered anything. This is why it's such a hassle to unmarry. If it remembered it, this would be a no brainier. Gotta remember to unmarry mine for the dealer visit next week :/
Sponsored