First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I bought my JLUR from this dealership, good service from salesman Lewis. I bought it unseen on the phone as at the time I couldn’t travel to Oxford, they delivered it to me, no problems, all good.

I noticed on the second day that the owner’s handbook and service book were missing. A quick phone call to Lewis... ‘no problem, when we get another Wrangler in we’ll send you the books’ . Five months later, despite me reminding him, I still don’t have the books.

I have a list of niggly problems so I called Lewis two and a half weeks ago. They haven’t responded. So I called FCA customer services yesterday in Italy who have been very helpful.

Unity lied to them today, claiming to have already done the warranty work, this is nonsense. Lewis and the service manager weren’t ‘available’.

They also claimed I’m too far away for them to help. I wan’t too far away when they wanted to sell me the Jeep!

This is a classic case of a dealership only interested in vehicle sales and zero interest in after sales customer care. They don’t deserve to have their franchises.

Not long after the purchase I had contact with them about the legalities of a list of accessories and a request for prices. They never bothered to respond, so I spent my £7k with Jeepey instead. Pathetic levels of service from Unity again.

So please if you’re in the UK avoid these clowns..

FCA customer services gave up trying to get sensible answers from them today too and they’ve fixed for all the warranty work to be done at another dealership who have been very helpful on the phone this afternoon.

I’m truly shocked that a business can survive when they treat their customers in this manner.

Please don’t repeat my mistake, give these people a miss.

I’m not one for ‘washing dirty linen in public’ but in this instance I would like others to avoid similar treatment.
Sponsored

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
FCA customer services gave up trying to get sensible answers from them today too and they’ve fixed for all the warranty work to be done at another dealership who have been very helpful on the phone this afternoon.
Hi John I've had similar issues over a recent breakdown where I had to involve FCA customer services to get any kind of response out of my local dealer while the vehicle was in the workshop. At one point FCA Italy were telling me that they couldn't get any kind of response from them either and the matter was only resolved once they arranged to have the local FCA representative visit the franchise. The local dealer has been OK since that episode but it's too late as far as trust and first impressions are concerned, I'm now wary about future servicing and warranty work.

What was your warranty work if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
@GeeBee

Hi Gus

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with your dealership too.

My warranty issues are...

No Owner’s handbook or service book.

ESS has stopped working and I get the stop/start needs servicing message. The Jeep has done just over 3000 miles.

The sub woofer in the back doesn’t work

The alarm goes off randomly, so often that I don’t use it.

The outer fuel flap has failed, the casting broke, one of the lugs came off.

The plastic tether that attaches to the locking fuel cap has separated from the cap.

Both the outer rear seat belts are severed, something sharp has cut them around 18” up from the static end.

The new dealership I selected is Mangoletsi in Knutsford, closer to me than Unity. They have reacted positively to FCA customer services.. Of course we’re now waiting for parts before I can be booked in, so we’ll have to wait and see how we get on. I’m cautiously optimistic.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Aye, my supposedly 'fixed' alarm still has the occasional trip. It doesn't like having the back seats folded flat or bulky stuff left in the back. Italian design at its finest :like:

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
ESS has stopped working and I get the stop/start needs servicing message. The Jeep has done just over 3000 miles.
The same thing happens to the JLUR, the dealer will replace the second battery, which I do not know where it is.
I have 2500 km now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
The same thing happens to the JLUR, the dealer will replace the second battery, which I do not know where it is.
I have 2500 km now
Yes, I think that is probably what they will do.

The second battery is under the fuse box.

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I'm having my secondary battery replaced tomorrow to rectify the ESS service issues.
I don’t yet know what they propose doing to mine, on the forum there seem to have been a variety of ‘fixes’ for what seems to be a common problem. I guess replacing the battery is an easy solution...if it works.We’ll have to see what happens.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I don’t yet know what they propose doing to mine, on the forum there seem to have been a variety of ‘fixes’ for what seems to be a common problem. I guess replacing the battery is an easy solution...if it works.We’ll have to see what happens.
The general consensus is that the secondary battery is the most likely culprit in ESS issues.

I'll report back tomorrow..........

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
The general consensus is that the secondary battery is the most likely culprit in ESS issues.

Thanks Mark

:thumbsup

Sponsored

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel

Battery was replaced today, and............................ (drum roll)..................

The ESS problem is fixed :handsinair:

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
In my previous posts I forgot to include a further saga with this dealership.

A few weeks after taking delivery of the Jeep I realised that I hadn’t received the V5 registration document. To recap on the dates relevant to this... it was first registered by Unity on 30/11/18 and was sold to me as a demonstrator. I took delivery 19/2/19 and have an inovice from them dated 18/2/19. I made a number of calls to the dealership chasing this up and listened to a variety of implausible reasons for me not receiving the document.

Eventually I did receive the V5 on the 20/6/19. The date of change of ownership to me is shown as 29/5/19. This is over 3 months after I took delivery but exactly 6 months after registration.

It was suggested to me by another forum member that the delay in registration might be because they are supposed to keep their demonstrators for six months. Seeking clarification of this I posted on a forum frequented by car dealership staff. There it has been confirmed to me that the FCA franchise agreement does indeed specify that the dealerships should keep their demonstrators for a minimum of 6 months. So Unity broke their agreement by selling this vehicle to me in February. I suspect there may also be VAT implications in this, I’m still seeking clarification on this point.

To make this matter worse I also learnt from FCA customer services that there is a safety recall (V26) for a steering related issue, this I didn’t receive as the Jeep was still registered to the dealership. So Unity put their business interests before my safety.

I notice that Unity again have Wranglers for sale that are 19 registrations, clearly these can’t be 6 months old and are probably also demonstrators.

Again.... I’d like others to avoid being mistreated by this dealership so please if you’re looking to buy a Jeep spend your money elsewhere.

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Just to finish my story with Unity...today I finally received the owner’s handbook and service book for my Jeep from them. FCA customer services had to chase them again yesterday after Unity broke their promise to send it last week!

I’m delighted to say that now that the warranty work has been arranged to be done elsewhere I will have to have no further contact with these people.
Sponsored