Unique tools for removing the top and doors

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Like most I need a friend to help me remove my hardtop off my JL. I don't have a hoist and I don't want to install a roof lift, so I usually take the top off, put it on a Quadratec rack and then put it back on later. Well as everyone knows the top can be cumbersome since there isn't any real 'grab' point.

I found that if you use industrial suction pads (the kind used for moving granite or large sheets of glass) you can literally add a handle to the top and easily lift it up and put it on.

In addition a friend who works for DeWalt, and owns a JL, offered me a new tool help quickly install and remove the door nuts when taking your doors off (pic below). Fits perfectly without any risk of damaging paint - as you could have with a ratchet. Thought I'd share.

image0-3.jpeg

image1-3.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Leave the door nuts off and you will save even more time.
I like the tie down to anchors in the garage ceiling method for taking the top off. If you have the space.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Like most I need a friend to help me remove my hardtop off my JL. I don't have a hoist and I don't want to install a roof lift, so I usually take the top off, put it on a Quadratec rack and then put it back on later. Well as everyone knows the top can be cumbersome since there isn't any real 'grab' point.

I found that if you use industrial suction pads (the kind used for moving granite or large sheets of glass) you can literally add a handle to the top and easily lift it up and put it on.

In addition a friend who works for DeWalt, and owns a JL, offered me a new tool help quickly install and remove the door nuts when taking your doors off (pic below). Fits perfectly without any risk of damaging paint - as you could have with a ratchet. Thought I'd share.

Jeep Wrangler JL Unique tools for removing the top and doors image2-1

Great recommendations ..thanks for sharing!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago (Land) Rover developed an automatic system to remove the doors

Jeep Wrangler JL Unique tools for removing the top and doors 1629656184588