Not open for further replies.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This is a public service announcement for all considering their new Wrangler. On select 2019 inventory I am finding a $3,000 incentive available from Jeep. In all my years I have never seen a rebate like this. Not all 2019 Wranglers have it. I had to just check all my current inventory to see which ones do. Find the right 2019 right now and you can get a crazy good deal. If you are looking and want help finding one that qualifies I can lend a hand.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
I came across a 2019 Rubicon near me with the $3,000 Jeep cash listed on it and was looking at it this morning. When looking at the discount off invoice, should we be able to take this $3,000 off before calculating the discount?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I came across a 2019 Rubicon near me with the $3,000 Jeep cash listed on it and was looking at it this morning. When looking at the discount off invoice, should we be able to take this $3,000 off before calculating the discount?
Yes, because it's manufacturers rebate as opposed to a dealer discount.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Wow, that's a great deal then. You could easily end up with > 20% off MSRP.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup - I just got almost 23% off MSRP on a 2019 JLU Sport, optioned almost exactly as I would have ordered it...right place right time!
Fantastic!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
So far no luck. Internet sales manager came back with 2% below invoice then took off $3,000 Jeep cash (on a 2019) lol. Then they had $399 for nitrogen tires and wheel locks and a $699 fee. I don’t understand these guys not willing to unload a 2019 model when you have to take delivery by Feb 3 to get the Jeep cash.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
So far no luck. Internet sales manager came back with 2% below invoice then took off $3,000 Jeep cash (on a 2019) lol. Then they had $399 for nitrogen tires and wheel locks and a $699 fee. I don’t understand these guys not willing to unload a 2019 model when you have to take delivery by Feb 3 to get the Jeep cash.
Was that just the first round in the negotiations? You probably have to do some back and forth, to arrive at a price where both parties are satisfied. I recently bought a new car from a dealership, it was actually my first ever brand new car purchase, and there was a lot of back and forth. At the end suddenly there was an additional charge for "VIN etching" $400. I viewed that as kind of like the nitrogen tire thing. It took some additional back and forth but eventually they removed that $400. Previously I've only bought used cars from private sellers, and I want both parties happy, me and the seller. But with a dealer, you probably have to watch for these sort of extra charges.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
The Wrangler's legendary resale value is going to be toast with the JL. They are making too many, demand is softening, and now they are piling cash on the hood.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The Wrangler's legendary resale value is going to be toast with the JL. They are making too many, demand is softening, and now they are piling cash on the hood.
I agree FCA overestimated the sales forecast for sure. Wranglers are not for everyone. I wonder how many "new" Wrangler owners traded out early because they could not get used to the Wrangler's unique steering? I wonder how many potential Wrangler buyers are waiting to see a alternative like the Bronco first? It's a stretch but I wonder? The cash on the hood you are referring to is commonly called "trunk money" in the business.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Was that just the first round in the negotiations? You probably have to do some back and forth, to arrive at a price where both parties are satisfied. I recently bought a new car from a dealership, it was actually my first ever brand new car purchase, and there was a lot of back and forth. At the end suddenly there was an additional charge for "VIN etching" $400. I viewed that as kind of like the nitrogen tire thing. It took some additional back and forth but eventually they removed that $400. Previously I've only bought used cars from private sellers, and I want both parties happy, me and the seller. But with a dealer, you probably have to watch for these sort of extra charges.
I tell them outright that I will not pay for that crap. Last car tried to charge $400 for nitrogen fill, $400 for tint. Told them negative and put lines through them. Guy was like "well that stuff isn't free!"

My reply was "no one asked you to do it, I want factory". That was the end of that.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tell them outright that I will not pay for that crap. Last car tried to charge $400 for nitrogen fill, $400 for tint. Told them negative and put lines through them. Guy was like "well that stuff isn't free!"

My reply was "no one asked you to do it, I want factory". That was the end of that.
So many ways to make money at a dealership.... most will run you through the ringer trying. My dealer was pretty good but when I went to pick up the vehicle they claimed it was already installed (some anti theft tracker, few other odds and ends) and I had to pay for it. I had a sheet signed saying otherwise, so that was fun. Picked up the Jeep the next day, assuming after they removed whatever they put on. Or maybe they never did, either way -- no harm to me.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Getting the best selling price is the easy part and only 1/4 of the job. Negotiating a fair trade value is another 1/4 of the job. Securing a fair financing rate is 1/4 of the job. The final 1/4 of the job is the business office. My advice is never let down your guard in the business office. The business office and trade-ins is where all the money is usually made.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulwithJeep

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee

$400 for Nitrogen is a joke. So is the Tint. I would never put that stuff on without asking anyway but if a customer wanted it you are looking at about $100 for the tires and like 350 if you want all 5 windows done. It cracks me up what some dealerships try to add in as "extras"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.