Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
$400 for Nitrogen is a joke. So is the Tint. I would never put that stuff on without asking anyway but if a customer wanted it you are looking at about $100 for the tires and like 350 if you want all 5 windows done. It cracks me up what some dealerships try to add in as "extras"
Might be regional but even $100 to fill with nitrogen seems out of line. I think the average in the Chicago area is $5-$10 per tire. Nitrogen is more and more common. Many places like Costco fill with nitrogen for free if you buy tires. You have to be a member though.

Thanks for all your post on pricing. It's much appreciated!
Sponsored

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
I'm not sure if anyone can help advise me on this, but I reached out to Leon Travis at Criswell after seeing this post and wanting a jeep for some time but been waiting due to the high prices.

First off, wanted to say that Leon is great and very responsive and no hassle.

He gave me pricing on a 46,125 2019 wrangler sahara of 39362 - 2000 for the incentive which comes out to 37362 essentially, or 19% off MSRP. Given what I'm seeing above (23%), i guess I'm a little disappointed because I'm giving up some features i want (hard top, cold weather group).

Ultimately, I'm wondering if this is really a good deal and i should jump on it, or does the forum think i can do better? 19% would be great if it was the jeep i 100% wanted. Am I just being too picky on the deal?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if anyone can help advise me on this, but I reached out to Leon Travis at Criswell after seeing this post and wanting a jeep for some time but been waiting due to the high prices.

He gave me pricing on a 46,125 2019 wrangler sahara of 39362 - 2000 for the incentive which comes out to 37362 essentially, or 19% off MSRP. Given what I'm seeing above (23%), i guess I'm a little disappointed because I'm giving up some features i want (hard top, cold weather group).

Ultimately, I'm wondering if this is really a good deal and i should jump on it, or does the forum think i can do better? 19% would be great if it was the jeep i 100% wanted. Am I just being too picky on the deal?
Jeeps are supposed to be fun. You don't want regrets every time you get into your Wrangler. I'd try finding exactly what you want option wise or you will have regrets.

MDPJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392 XR / 2004 TJ Rubicon, AEV, Warn...
Jeeps are supposed to be fun. You don't want regrets every time you get into your Wrangler. I'd try finding exactly what you want option wise or you will have regrets.

I agree - Order or buy the Jeep exactly the way you want it !! It may cost a bit more, but you'll smile every time you get in it ! IMHO

prototyp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW i3 REX, 2019 Wrangler Sport
Just to chime in on the cold weather group, I thought it was a must have myself - until I felt the heater running. I think the small cabin space really amplifies the heating.

Sponsored

heckofagator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So if you can find a 2019 with the $3k cash rebate, a good target would be about 20% off MSRP?

heckofagator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
The Wrangler's legendary resale value is going to be toast with the JL. They are making too many, demand is softening, and now they are piling cash on the hood.
do you think the resale would go down to "normal" values or perhaps even dip below to where they are really bad on resale? I am considering buying new with the intention of only keeping 3 years and am unsure about what I'm reading lately.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
do you think the resale would go down to "normal" values or perhaps even dip below to where they are really bad on resale? I am considering buying new with the intention of only keeping 3 years and am unsure about what I'm reading lately.
I think it will drop to 'normal' for a truck/SUV. I.e. full-size pickup levels. The Wrangler used to depreciate at least 30% slower than the F-150, but Ford has always produced F150s like crazy and offered crazy discounts/incentives, like we're starting to see with the JL.

Even the fastest-depreciating full-size pickups (usually RAM) still depreciate much slower than most auto segments (luxury cars, compact cars, sedans, etc).

maxmk8

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Pooper
Air is 80% Nitrogen. What exactly is a "nitrogen fill" will it make it 2 seconds faster to 60?

dores585

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Daihatsu Charade
This is a public service announcement for all considering their new Wrangler. On select 2019 inventory I am finding a $3,000 incentive available from Jeep. In all my years I have never seen a rebate like this. Not all 2019 Wranglers have it. I had to just check all my current inventory to see which ones do. Find the right 2019 right now and you can get a crazy good deal. If you are looking and want help finding one that qualifies I can lend a hand.
What is a reasonable expectation for percent under invoice if buying off the lot with the current rebates?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is a reasonable expectation for percent under invoice if buying off the lot with the current rebates?
It really depends on each individual 2019 on the lot. Not all of them have the exact same rebates. The $3000 rebate is on select 2019 inventory.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon

You can buy a Hardtop, if you look on line. Of course that is why its 7K off, and 9K is damn good.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
It is really crazy the deals and incentives on the 2019's. I bought my sport end of august and got around 5% below invoice in Virginia Beach so I was pretty happy with that. I have never seen Jeep offer Rebates on the wranglers so it didn't even cross my mind to wait a few more months to get a better deal. A little disappointing since I would have prob gotten more options or a Rubicon, but I will just enjoy the Jeep I have.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase

He offered me something similar. A drop ($800) more than I could get locally if I fight and haggle locally. Didn’t pay with needing to travel to MD. He seemed a bit too busy. The 2019s will run out so I wouldn’t wait much longer. But if you’re in NJ I would ask locally. The more you shop, the more you know your stuff and you can go in with a printed window sticker or a (or call with a stock number) and give your take it or leave it price. Of course be nice and upfront not an ass with a take it or leave it offer,

Those 2 or 3 percentage points are real money. I’m using my savings on sunrider top and plastidipping my wheels if my deal goes through.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Air is 80% Nitrogen. What exactly is a "nitrogen fill" will it make it 2 seconds faster to 60?
Nitrogen is larger than oxygen, so 100% nitrogen will take longer to seep out of alloy wheels that expands and contracts at 3 times the rate, as that of steel wheels.

But air is mostly nitrogen to begin with.

That being said, I say who cares when you can just check your tire air pressure with your dash controls?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.