Unhappy with Stock Tire Options

warst041

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 20 dr
First Post in the Forum. I have ordered a new Wrangler Sport. I love the options that are coming with it - except the stock rims/tires. I tried to negotiate for custom rims and tires at the time of ordering and the generally agreeable dealer would not budge on the wheels. I either wanted wheels I picked out and sent to the dealer put on or them to buy what I wanted and bake it into the sales price. They would not give me any credit for the stock tires or a decent deal
on custom tires. I may walk away from the order ($1,000 refundalble deposit thank goodness) if I'm still unhappy upon delivery. Anyone able to negotiate better wheels? Using Creswell in MD.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Some dealerships sell upgraded tire/wheel packages but they are always overpriced. Rarely do they give you credit for your old parts.

Common thing to do is go to Discount Tire and get what you want. Sell the stock parts on craigslist...

Not a reason to cancel a deal. If you were that iffy on it in the first place, you shouldn't have gone through with ordering.

OP
OP

warst041

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 20 dr
Some dealerships sell upgraded tire/wheel packages but they are always overpriced. Rarely do they give you credit for your old parts.

Common thing to do is go to Discount Tire and get what you want. Sell the stock parts on craigslist...

Not a reason to cancel a deal. If you were that iffy on it in the first place, you shouldn't have gone through with ordering.

OP
OP

warst041

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 20 dr
Loved the deal I got, but have been on a slow burn since then about wheels. I will probably sign for the jeep and figure it out. Walking away from a deal is always an option until I see the Jeep, inspect it, test drive, resolve any issues, and sign the check. Capaltilism at work.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Loved the deal I got, but have been on a slow burn since then about wheels. I will probably sign for the jeep and figure it out. Walking away from a deal is always an option until I see the Jeep, inspect it, test drive, resolve any issues, and sign the check. Capaltilism at work.
Real, Caveat Emptor.

As for wheels, you will only be happy with your own selection, which is why aftermarket is a thing.

I like my KO2's, much more than I would have thought, and unless I get stuck in a mud pit, I am keeping them.

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Real, Caveat Emptor.

As for wheels, you will only be happy with your own selection, which is why aftermarket is a thing.

I like my KO2's, much more than I would have thought, and unless I get stuck in a mud pit, I am keeping them.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

Discount Tire Tire does a great job. Shipped to your door or any repair center you want.
Sponsored