JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, the Minion Jeep was involved in an accident yesterday as my wife drove home from work. Traffic slowed to a stop and the driver behind her didn't, though he looks like he did try to avoid her at the last second. Luckily he chose to turn away from the license plate, because I would hate to have to go through the DMV process of getting a new one. This is another example of why our insurance doubled by moving from the Chicago suburbs to California.

20190530_174015_HDR.jpg

20190530_184541.jpg

20190530_173943Edit.jpg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, at least your wife wasn’t at fault. Should be a simple fix, new bumper and some touch up paint.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I’m sorry to see that. Sacramento drivers are *terrible* and too many are on their phones.

I hope your wife is doing well.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I would be surprised if that Suzuki has insurance.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Good excuse to get a new aftermarket bumper!

Same thing happened to me (previous vehicle) and I got the insurance co to pay me out the estimated repair amount. Bought rear bumper and replaced myself. There are a LOT of nice bumpers out there for $500 - $700 that would just laugh at that minor collision all day long! Just put on a steel rear bumper on my JL that is made on the same line as M1A1 tank parts :like: Though I hope to never test it out ... it looks like it would hold up very well in your typical traffic rear-ending.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
PS: I can recommend a couple excellent body shops if you need one. PM if you'd like.

OP
OP
JB4818

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly, the other driver had Allstate (but it was through his parents). Assuming he was on his phone, but don't want to accuse without knowing.

PS: I can recommend a couple excellent body shops if you need one. PM if you'd like.
I will be sending a PM for a better body shop than the one that Allstate recommended:

Just got the repair estimate. Seemed a little low at only $322.50 for paint repair, labor, and Mopar steel bumper replacement. I called the estimator and he told me that the he selected the only part listed for the bumper. I asked for the Mopar part number and it is the Mopar blow-molded plastic rear bumper (6CE35RXFAC). He seemed to not understand that this was a steel bumper. He thought I was talking about behind a bumper cover. He had just seen the Jeep in person an hour before. He is probably used to the pedestrian friendly, collapsible, forgiving bumper covers most cars, SUV's and mid size trucks have, but is it that difficult to recognize a metal bumper, especially in person with collision damage when it is bent instead of broken? I would assume the VIN should show Steel Bumper since they are factory original equipment.

Not looking forward to potential argument with Allstate that I will not be using their repair shop because the estimate is inaccurate.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Surprisingly, the other driver had Allstate (but it was through his parents). Assuming he was on his phone, but don't want to accuse without knowing.

I will be sending a PM for a better body shop than the one that Allstate recommended:

Just got the repair estimate. Seemed a little low at only $322.50 for paint repair, labor, and Mopar steel bumper replacement. I called the estimator and he told me that the he selected the only part listed for the bumper. I asked for the Mopar part number and it is the Mopar blow-molded plastic rear bumper (6CE35RXFAC). He seemed to not understand that this was a steel bumper. He thought I was talking about behind a bumper cover. He had just seen the Jeep in person an hour before. He is probably used to the pedestrian friendly, collapsible, forgiving bumper covers most cars, SUV's and mid size trucks have, but is it that difficult to recognize a metal bumper, especially in person with collision damage when it is bent instead of broken? I would assume the VIN should show Steel Bumper since they are factory original equipment.

Not looking forward to potential argument with Allstate that I will not be using their repair shop because the estimate is inaccurate.
It sounds like the adjuster wasn't clued in. Fun. They shouldn't give you an argument, since you can use any repair shop you want.

The last shop I used was associated with Geico (but they take any insurance) and we went with them because they were closer and had good reviews. I've previously used another shop that wasn't associated with our insurance. It was a little more hassle to deal with extra costs, but the shop was helpful and it worked out.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I hate that this happened. Good that your wife was OK. Maybe it's an opportunity to upgrade bumpers!

Yesterday, I thought my 2 day old less than 100 miles JLUR was gonna be a goner. I stopped for a yellow light that would have been red well before I made it through. The POS Hyundai SUV (banged up, paint peeling, young-ish female driver) came screeching to a stop very close to my back. Big sigh of relief when there was no CRUNCH!

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I hate that this happened. Good that your wife was OK. Maybe it's an opportunity to upgrade bumpers!

Yesterday, I thought my 2 day old less than 100 miles JLUR was gonna be a goner. I stopped for a yellow light that would have been red well before I made it through. The POS Hyundai SUV (banged up, paint peeling, young-ish female driver) came screeching to a stop very close to my back. Big sigh of relief when there was no CRUNCH!
Yup, some drivers just assume that everyone is going to risk it and run the red light. So many idiots on the roads nowadays, just this morning someone almost hit me at a 4 way stop. I was at the stop way before him/her and kept coming even after I was in the middle of the intersection. Crazy! Everyone is in such a hurry, almost like they hate spending any time in their vehicles.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

glad everyone was ok. Hope it works out for the best. but you could always find a good shop that will work with you and get an off road bumper that is nicer than the stock for about the same price. and have them install and repair paint with no cost to you just the other cars insurance. ive had this happen before and it worked out wonderful

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unilimited Sport S
Lots of aftermarket choices that can be put on now, or you can always go stock as well, I have my stock bumper still I could sell to you, if you wanted to go that route.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yup, some drivers just assume that everyone is going to risk it and run the red light. So many idiots on the roads nowadays, just this morning someone almost hit me at a 4 way stop. I was at the stop way before him/her and kept coming even after I was in the middle of the intersection. Crazy! Everyone is in such a hurry, almost like they hate spending any time in their vehicles.
Then they can enjoy Heaven ( not likely) or Hell ( likely) for a Very Long Time when their luck runs out...

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm assuming that bumper was a plastic bumper , and not a STEEL rubicon bumper?
Sponsored