plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, wreath on a Jeep, hop in my emotional support dog, off to the mall we say!
Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
If the vehicle is stickered 60k, it is a 60k vehicle. It doesn't matter how the the company created the price point. That's like saying your 600k house is really only a 300k house, but you chose the options of a kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, and a garage... This is faulty logic.
Soon I predict that people will be discussing their 70K Jeeps. It started at 50K but for quite some time people have been talking 60K. Still not sure how you get all the way to 60. I almost could have gotten a Sport to go with the Rubi for 60K!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just added a Xmas wreath to the grill of my 2 door. Shortly after, I drove my son to an appointment. Once I reached about 35 mph, the top of my soft top started fluttering. It immediately caught my attention since I’ve been so impressed with how quiet the soft top is, exhibiting minimal wind noise.

I had a theory about the cause so when the appointment was over I removed the wreath before we headed home. Sure enough, no fluttering. Amazingly it seems that small wreath disrupted the aerodynamics of the car enough to upset the airflow over the roof and cause the top to make the flapping sound.

Problem solved - the wreath is now on the spare tire. Happy holidays!

7B331E4D-5E9B-429D-AB6C-3EF2CDF6ADEF.jpeg

D2885527-B6E8-4D1D-AAF6-2E57D5ED5D13.jpeg
You called your Jeep a car; God just killed a kitten... way to go. Please refrain from calling it a car, the proper Jeep authorities have been notified and soon you will have an unmarked Fiat sitting outside your house.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You called your Jeep a car; God just killed a kitten... way to go. Please refrain from calling it a car, the proper Jeep authorities have been notified and soon you will have an unmarked Fiat sitting outside your house.
Oh and the guy in the Fiat will be setting fire to your wreath as well.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all. If you buy a $20k economy car then opt for a $20k high performance package don’t expect a $40k car’s interior.
But the wreath was on the exterior. ;):bandit:

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
You're lucky. A tiny pine cone detached from my Xmas wreath once I hit 20mph, bounced off my hood 3 times, got caught on my wiper before freeing itself and splitting my windshield in two.

:cwl:

RERAIL

First Name
Kell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Just added a Xmas wreath to the grill of my 2 door. Shortly after, I drove my son to an appointment. Once I reached about 35 mph, the top of my soft top started fluttering. It immediately caught my attention since I’ve been so impressed with how quiet the soft top is, exhibiting minimal wind noise.

I had a theory about the cause so when the appointment was over I removed the wreath before we headed home. Sure enough, no fluttering. Amazingly it seems that small wreath disrupted the aerodynamics of the car enough to upset the airflow over the roof and cause the top to make the flapping sound.

I thought maybe a wreath on the front might cause a cooling problem. So this. Haven't seen any reindeer yet.

IMG_2522.jpg

Deaglej

First Name
James Deagle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2 door Rubicon
Occupation
Shift Supervisor
The spare tire is the perfect spot for it.

However, now I'm worried about changing my front bumper. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quiet and non-flapping soft top. I don't want it to become an issue.
I replaced my bumper and felt no difference

Sponsored

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
The spare tire is the perfect spot for it.

However, now I'm worried about changing my front bumper. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quiet and non-flapping soft top. I don't want it to become an issue.
Don't worry. I drove 400 miles yesterday without stock front bumper. I'm in the process of replacing it, but couldn't finish the work before I headed for a road trip. I haven't noticed any change in wind noise of hard top. It's same as previous.

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
No issues on this 4-wheel tree

Jeep01.png

Jeep02.png