Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon (2.0L non-etoque)
Hi All,

I have a new 2020 JLU with the 2.0L engine (no e-torque). Did our first trip to western Colorado. It drove great most of the trip but I noticed something a handful (5 or 6) of times that seemed off and I want to see if others have experienced it and what it might be. I have researched the forum here and saw threads on throttle lag and e-torque battery issues but I donā€™t think this is the same since I donā€™t have e-torque and throttle lag I is when you press the throttle and donā€™t get a quick response whereas this is a loss in power with no change in pedal pressure or grade of climb. Hereā€™s my experience.

When climbing steep grades in lower gears going under 30mph Iā€™ll have my foot on the gas and RPMs will be at around 2500 to 3000, then with no warning the RPMs/Power starts to drop to around 1000 and the car slows down. First time it happened I was on a paved road climbing out of a canyon and I thought the car was going to stall but pressing the pedal down more it starts to recover with RPMā€™s climbing back to the prior 2500-3000 RPMā€™s. This happened at a place where the grade wasnā€™t changing (going steeper) so why the RPMā€™s would drop when the gas pedal hasnā€™t been let off didnā€™t make sense. It has happened in both 2H, 4H and 4L. It has never died or stalled so thatā€™s good, but having it do that when the grade/steepness hasnā€™t changed at all seems odd.

Anybody know what it might be? There are no error messages when it happens so the car doesnā€™t seem to think thereā€™s a problem.
Sponsored

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
I would suggest trying to push in all the fuses. Seems to be a common fix for odd issues like this.

OP
OP

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest trying to push in all the fuses. Seems to be a common fix for odd issues like this.
Thanks for the reply, Iā€™ll check them.

OP
OP

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could it have been traction control?
I donā€™t believe so as the car was on pavement, had no slippage and no breaking was applied, which is my understanding how Traction Control works.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I donā€™t believe so as the car was on pavement, had no slippage and no breaking was applied, which is my understanding how Traction Control works.
How about mud/dirt/water? I've seen speed sensors report false information from being contaminated (or just a bad speed sensor). This could cause traction/stability control to do strange things.
Sponsored