Sponsored

Uneven front/rear load distribution. How do I fix rake with suspension?

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So long story short - Sahara with ARB deluxe front bumper weighing in at 190lbs according to quadratec. Currently on stock suspension with 2 inch front and 1.5 inch rear teraflex spacers until I figure out what is this best way to level out the body. Even with the spacer difference, my front end is lower by over an inch and I haven’t even installed a winch yet.

Before anyone suggests me to just add weight to the rear - I already have an ARB rear bumper, reinforced tire carrier and roof rack totalling close to 240lbs.

Looking for solutions on how to rectify this front dip. Preferably full lift solutions no higher than 2.5 inches due to condo clearance limit.

Thinking of perhaps just adding rubicon front spring and shocks to even out everything.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody? I was also looking at dynatrac lift because it was said it gives pretty much close to an actual 2 inch lift.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
So long story short - Sahara with ARB deluxe front bumper weighing in at 190lbs according to quadratec. Currently on stock suspension with 2 inch front and 1.5 inch rear teraflex spacers until I figure out what is this best way to level out the body. Even with the spacer difference, my front end is lower by over an inch and I haven’t even installed a winch yet.

Before anyone suggests me to just add weight to the rear - I already have an ARB rear bumper, reinforced tire carrier and roof rack totalling close to 240lbs.

Looking for solutions on how to rectify this front dip. Preferably full lift solutions no higher than 2.5 inches due to condo clearance limit.

Thinking of perhaps just adding rubicon front spring and shocks to even out everything.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
I have a Sahara with MOPAR steel front bumper and X20 winch and heavy steel front skid plate. I had a big rake but after installing Rock Krawler 3.5” lift I was down to a little over 1” rake so I installed 2 half-inch Teraflex leveling pucks (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H16FPHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The RK springs are much stronger than stock, as I’m sure Metalcloak and others are. Definitely takes a lot more weight to make a dent versus factory suspension.

Unless cost is a concern I would bypass the Rubicon suspension and get a good aftermarket setup. That will likely solve a lot of your concerns.

Last edited:
OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara with MOPAR steel front bumper and X20 winch and heavy steel front skid plate. I had a big rake but after installing Rock Krawler 3.5” lift I was down to a little over 1” rake so I installed 2 half-inch Teraflex leveling pucks (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H16FPHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The RK springs are much stronger than stock, as I’m sure Metalcloak and others are. Definitely takes a lot more weight to make a dent versus factory suspension.

Unless cost is a concern I would bypass the Rubicon suspension and get a good aftermarket setup. That will likely solve a lot of your concerns.
Because of my condo garage clearance. I am also thinking of going with the Dynatrac 2 inch lift which will net me around 3 inches before winch and possibly 2 or 1.75 inch after winch. Going to install a 0.5 inch teraflex spacer in the front.

Out of curiosity, how much weight did you have in the front with all that accessories?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
The only factory coil that will hold the weight of a winch, are the 3.0 Diesels coils. The diesels are firm for sure, but give you a full one inch over gas springs ( JLUR ). On your Sahara it might be 1.5-2.
I'm on Synergy front springs now. They are soft like stock (gas springs) but hold the weight better.
Have not tried Dynatrac, only Stock, Mopar lift, Synergy, and Accutune.

Sponsored

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The only factory coil that will hold the weight of a winch, are the 3.0 Diesels coils. The diesels are firm for sure, but give you a full one inch over gas springs ( JLUR ). On your Sahara it might be 1.5-2.
I'm on Synergy front springs now. They are soft like stock (gas springs) but hold the weight better.
Have not tried Dynatrac, only Stock, Mopar lift, Synergy, and Accutune.
Can I use the diesel springs on my gas Sahara?

I will check out synergy springs. Do they sell them in a 2 or 1.5 inch lift?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, on the diesel springs. I used 3667AD ( ending part# ) and 3601AA ( rear ). They are on the firm side of things. This is if you want to stay factory Jeep. New they are $60-70 each, or can find take off parts here.
Synergy, are 1"-4" lift springs. I used the 1" lift coil. They would not recommend that spring with a winch, but I like the soft ride. Call them and ask for best set up for you. Many other manufacturers out there too. This is what I have used and can give a solid answer on.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because of my condo garage clearance. I am also thinking of going with the Dynatrac 2 inch lift which will net me around 3 inches before winch and possibly 2 or 1.75 inch after winch. Going to install a 0.5 inch teraflex spacer in the front.

Out of curiosity, how much weight did you have in the front with all that accessories?
Around 180 total. That's bumper, winch, skid, bumper hoop/bull bar.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Around 180 total. That's bumper, winch, skid, bumper hoop/bull bar.
Wow and my bumper alone is already more than your entire setup. My shop told me that i'll be able to take out a dumptruck with this bumper but they didn't mention the weight....

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow and my bumper alone is already more than your entire setup. My shop told me that i'll be able to take out a dumptruck with this bumper but they didn't mention the weight....
Yeah, the weight of your bumper is insane! I can't imagine installing it by myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Uneven front/rear load distribution. How do I fix rake with suspension? 51A725F6-5D86-43E5-B44E-AE277F71EED0

right now on 1.5 inch spacers. Installing 285/75R17 nitto ridge grapplers next month. Need to find a good lift soon before i start rubbing but the height ceiling is my garage

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
right now on 1.5 inch spacers. Installing 285/75R17 nitto ridge grapplers next month. Need to find a good lift soon before i start rubbing but the height ceiling is my garage
Looks great and the new tires will really take it to the next level. What roof rack is that? Looks sweet.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great and the new tires will really take it to the next level. What roof rack is that? Looks sweet.
Smittybilt defender part#45454JL. I got it on quadratec 50% sale for $200. The quality is ok as it only holds 150lb static load.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smittybilt defender part#45454JL. I got it on quadratec 50% sale for $200. The quality is ok as it only holds 150lb static load.
Cool. Looks good. I have the MOPAR bars and a full length basket. I like the shorter one for getting the freedom panels off.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That ARB is 190lbs, then add a winch 75 lbs.
265 lbs over stock on the nose. Then the roof rack, you might want to find a set of diesel springs..... I think the diesels are 450-475 lbs total over a gas.
Sponsored