Sponsored

Underseat Knife Holder? SOLVED…Will use pepper spray instead.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and suggestions on this!

I’ve decided to have a can of Pepper Spray (like several of you have mentioned) in the vehicle with all that’s been said here. Not sure why I didn't think of this before.

Thanks all my fellow Jeepers!
Good choice, maybe bear mace is a good option too as it can also be used for bears as well if you drive in the woods a lot.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I’m lucky. I don’t feel the need to arm myself at all. Makes life way simpler. :)

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
Curious if anyone knows of a method to carry a larger combat knife concealed under the driver seat in which I could access it swiftly and quickly? I do a lot of doorless night driving in the backwoods and in the city and think it’s a good idea in case some drugged out maniac attempts anything.
”larger combat knife” might be more difficult but I use a magnet to hold a smaller EDC knife under driver seat. It includes a seat belt cutter.

good luck in your search.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A can of Hornet Spray that shoots 30' is very effective, will temporarily blind the assailant, give you time to get away.
Also not burdened with the legalities of Bear/ Pepper spray.
Surprise and distraction, use to your advantage and GET AWAY.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I rivet a magnet (made to hold handguns inside a safe wall) just under the steering column to the right. Did it on my 2013 and now 2022 wrangler. The knife has never fallen off and I have never kneed it loose. The knife is always there and easy to get to.

Jeep Wrangler JL Underseat Knife Holder?  SOLVED…Will use pepper spray instead. 33A9F5DE-1823-4CA8-97FA-5CA95C88227E

Jeep Wrangler JL Underseat Knife Holder?  SOLVED…Will use pepper spray instead. A1DC7B95-C0A5-4A99-B5FF-261EE83A4266

Definitely agree about knife training. For you guys in Holbrook MA, Tom Sotis is someone to look into. Guy was first American to go and train the Spetsnaz and known internationally. Guy has sense of humor and is the real deal.

Info Linky

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Thank goodness we live in a country where this sort of substantive discussion can occur. It's also great that this particular web forum has the breadth of maturity and experience to provide said substance.

----------------------

@JasonInDLH: Stay Yellow, no less. 👍

...at 10 meters, if your gun is holstered and they are brandishing a knife, you are already at a disadvantage if you aren't practiced at drawing and firing.

At 7 meters, it's either too close or too late.
Q.E.D.

We practiced such scenarios whilst I was on active duty, and during at least one of the defensive pistol classes put on by my sportsman's club. It is sobering to observe how quickly a determined adversary can cover 21 feet. Our presentation (draw + aiming) would have to be perfect to give us any chance of surviving the encounter. Even then, no promises.

A can of Hornet Spray that shoots 30' is very effective, will temporarily blind the assailant, give you time to get away. Also not burdened with the legalities of Bear/ Pepper spray.
Beat me to it.

Functionally a nerve agent, a can of wasp spray (one that actually ejects a controlled stream of fluid) has the potential to delay an assailant almost as much as does pepper spray. The latter is better suited for defensive purposes, of course, but the optic of a can wasp spray provides plausible deniability, as circumstances might require.

As for me, I'll just throw a bit of tactical nutrition toward the ne'er-do-well as a distraction while I make my getaway. Ahem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Underseat Knife Holder?  SOLVED…Will use pepper spray instead. Banana