Undercloak skids and ace rock sliders

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I have the Ace rock sliders on order and plan on keeping the stock Rubicon rock sliders installed as well.

The Ace sliders use the body mount bolts. Is this going to intefere with the undercloak skid armor?
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I don't think so. As Brett said, the undercloak system doesn't use the body bolts at all. The bigger issue you may have, like I did, is that the ACE sliders will push up on the Rubi Rails maybe even to the point where the rails touch the rocker panel. Over time small rocks and maybe fine sand will become trapped between the Rubi Rails and your paint. The ACEs that I have even caused the rails to etch a line in the paint on the rocker panel between the doors (it sticks out slightly more than the panels it overlaps with.) Even if your set doesn't cause the rails to contact the body, the small rocks will still do damage (assuming you're gonna off-road with them.) I replaced them with a set of LOD signature sliders.

ACE has said that their sliders should not cause the Rubi Rails to contact the body but they gave up helping me find a solution.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I replaced them with a set of LOD signature sliders.
IMO these are the best rock/step sliders made. If only I could get LOD to make them for the Gladiator I would be a very happy repeat customer!

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got ACE sliders and the Undercloak armor. No issues at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redbaron73

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
That is a mixed bag of news...good to know that the armor fits. But now I am second guessing a product that is still a few weeks out from shipping

LOD was on my short list, but the numerous reviews of rusting made me jump to ace.

The contact with the body is a definite worse issue.

Guess I need to reach out to Ace and see if I can cancel or get some peace of mind that they have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the responses.
Sponsored