Under the front seat storage - options

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I don’t see any options from tuffy or bestop, why no drawers in production yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
There is very little room under the front seats as they now have AC floor vents under them . You can fit a storage container under there tho but thats about it

cont.JPEG

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Thanks for the replies love the tackle box converted for meds and charging. I swear I saw an arb air compressor under the passengers somewhere. I guess I should of looked at the space closer.

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
I use Bestop RoughRider Underseat Organizer (https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-jl/underseat-organizer/door/4/).

They mainly showcase it as backseat storage, but it works in both location. You have to remove the side plastic piece that keep the shape, otherwise it does not fit.

I would not recommend this for the backseat, as there are better option out there, but it's fine for the front seat if your are not looking for a secured option.

Side note: The passenger side has a sensor that can get triggered if the bag is full.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Thank you for sharing the rear underseat option for the front. I’m curious what are your picks for better rear seat options. I understand the seat when folded consumes the space. Haven’t decided on what will go there but I don’t see us folding the seat down.

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the replies love the tackle box converted for meds and charging. I swear I saw an arb air compressor under the passengers somewhere. I guess I should of looked at the space closer.
Yes. @UNC Rubicon has the ARB compressor under his passenger seat, so I know it can be done.

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I use Bestop RoughRider Underseat Organizer (https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-jl/underseat-organizer/door/4/).

They mainly showcase it as backseat storage, but it works in both location. You have to remove the side plastic piece that keep the shape, otherwise it does not fit.

I would not recommend this for the backseat, as there are better option out there, but it's fine for the front seat if your are not looking for a secured option.

Side note: The passenger side has a sensor that can get triggered if the bag is full.
You need to be careful with the back seats since they fold down, you smash whatever is under there when it does... I killed an ARB tire repair kit box like that...