Under invoice pricing?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I see many getting up to 6% under invoice. I know there is a dealer holdback, but how are dealers doing this.
In Florida many dealers don't want to discount off list.
Advertisement

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
I see many getting up to 6% under invoice. I know there is a dealer holdback, but how are dealers doing this.
In Florida, many dealers don't want to discount off list.
You're right ... Florida dealers haven't been getting under invoice very much, though I have heard of one or two in the 3 - 4% under range. To get down to 6% (or more) below invoice, there are a few regional, high-volume dealers you may want to check out. Closest to Florida would likely be Koon's in Virginia, or Superior in Conway, AR. I've ordered mine from Superior. I'll be flying up and enjoying the ~900 mile ride back to Spring Hill FL.

You may want to check out the thread below. Lots of info on "best deals".

Best deals found on a new JL?

ThirtyOne

Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Think of it like the difference between Walmart and a local store. These dealers that are offering the deep discounts are generally high-volume dealers that are meeting factory volume targets and getting additional discounts on every Jeep they sell. They also get additional allocations because of the sold orders. So it is a different equation than the local dealers.

For the local dealers, they can still make money. With an affiliate code they get 2% of invoice from the affiliate code and 3% for their holdback. That's 5% right there. In a lot of places the doc fee is between $300 - $650. So even on a break-even deal they put a few hundred dollars in their pocket and maybe get a future customer or some referrals.

Honestly, I don't spend any time worrying about how the dealers make their money or how much money they make. As a long as you are getting a fair deal - which I consider anything below 1% off invoice - then it doesn't matter how much money they make.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement