John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
That’s pretty cool. I’ll check them out.
Many many here have the Redline Tuning Struts installed.... Well liked for sure..

@Redline Tuning is a Forum Sponsor... Thanks Redline Tuning!

@jbcrane, if you decide to replace that axe handle, do go with the Redline Tuning offering....
.....there are some Chinese hood strut offerings on Amazon, etc.. but they are not at all comparable to the Redline's ......and it is best to avoid those offerings..

Oh, Redline Tuning has a free shipping code for forum member's... Do use the code and save a few $.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I conducted a non scientific test after work today. It’s 93 degrees today…I placed a temp sensor on top of the engine cover on my 2.0 and closed the hood right after driving it 10 miles. After 10 minutes it measured 199 degrees. I then did the same with my wife’s 2018 Ford Edge with the 2.7 turbo. It was 167 degrees. The difference was more than I expected.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many many here have the Redline Tuning Struts installed.... Well liked for sure..

@Redline Tuning is a Forum Sponsor... Thanks Redline Tuning!

@jbcrane, if you decide to replace that axe handle, do go with the Redline Tuning offering....
.....there are some Chinese hood strut offerings on Amazon, etc.. but they are not at all comparable to the Redline's ......and it is best to avoid those offerings..

Oh, Redline Tuning has a free shipping code for forum member's... Do use the code and save a few $.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the nudge. I went with Elite because I like how the lighter, brighter stainless will contrast with such a dark environment on my Granite Crystal Metallic. Love how they raise the hood slowly and gently like that. But I’ll still keep the axe handle in the back for… whatever.

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement