Under Dash leak

Txsolar

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So this is my 7th wrangler, and I have never had this happen. I just put 35’s on her and had to go play in the mud. After we were done, about 10 min, driving on concrete the passenger side dash dumped water all over the floorboards. WTH?? Yes it’s a Jeep and I have had the windshield replaced already, however I have been though the car wash a dozen times before and it has never done this. I did have fun and drive though some large water holes, and it was muddy water that poured out, however I cannot find out where it is coming from and the local dealership is worthless. It was like a valve opened, it was all at once and then it stoped. does anyone know where to look so I can plug the hole?
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
A/C condensation? Even with the heater on, the A/C dehumidifies the air which is later heated before entering the cabin. It might not be water from the outside.

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
was this on the passenger side? Ours is doing the same thing.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Yes and it was muddy water from outside.
U sure it was from under the dash and not coming up thru the floor drain for the all weather mats? As u probably know, those mat drains don’t form a tight seal and water can come up into the cabin. I had this happen to mine after driving thru street flooding during heavy rains.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Another possibility is unsealed seams under the hood shrouds. I had water coming in from under the dash. Following the advice of another forum member, I unbolted the hood shrouds (the panels located on both sides of the hood adjacent to the windshield). Sure enough...the seams on the engine side of the fender interiors were not completely welded/sealed.
I sealed the open seams with silicon sealant and stopped the dripping. The interior of the fenders are designed to drain water coming from the windshield drain pan on the hood down to the ground.
If you drove through muddy water deep enough to cascade over the hood or deep enough to be forced up into the fender spaces...and the seams were not adequately sealed...it is certainly possible to force water through the gaps into the interior.

I would recommend everyone to check the seams under the hood shrouds for unsealed gaps, even small ones.

OP
OP

Txsolar

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
U sure it was from under the dash and not coming up thru the floor drain for the all weather mats? As u probably know, those mat drains don’t form a tight seal and water can come up into the cabin. I had this happen to mine after driving thru street flooding during heavy rains.
Yes, it fell on my wife’s foot, we were all laughing saying the Jeep peeled on her.
Sponsored