Under carriage LED light strips

medtech

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Anyone install these. I currently have them on my Can Am Spyder and really like the look. More for look than utility. If you have what brand and do you have pics?
Sponsored

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
I did this under my hood and love it. Just purchased super cheap ones on eBay.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@medtech I just installed these, they go on and off with my courtesy lights, but do come with their own switch (Xprite Led Rock Light for Bed Truck, 24 LEDs Cargo Truck Pickup Bed, Off Road Under Car, Foot Wells, Rail Lights, Side Marker LED Rock Lighting Kit w/Switch White - 8 PCs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XFF9IM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_0M85CbDS5GFNS)

18707F1D-B062-4FCD-BFF8-B91D55D0763F.jpeg

How many lights did you use to get that much output on the side? curious to see if it is doable as rock lights

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How many lights did you use to get that much output on the side? curious to see if it is doable as rock lights
The set comes with two strings of four, I used three of the four down each side.

I have a couple of these (Amak 4 Pods LED Rock Light Kit for Jeep ATV SUV Offroad Car Truck Boat Underbody Glow Trail Rig Lamp Underglow LED Neon Lights Waterproof - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABPGAUC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_oRL7CbVR8E39Z) installed as backup lights, and they are brighter than the ones that I am using as courtesy lights. The other two (of four) were installed on my JK!

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The set comes with two strings of four, I used three of the four down each side.

I have a couple of these (Amak 4 Pods LED Rock Light Kit for Jeep ATV SUV Offroad Car Truck Boat Underbody Glow Trail Rig Lamp Underglow LED Neon Lights Waterproof - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABPGAUC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_oRL7CbVR8E39Z) installed as backup lights, and they are brighter than the ones that I am using as courtesy lights. The other two (of four) were installed on my JK!
so the amok lights are brighter than the xprite then correct? Thanks for the information

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@anotheraznguy They are IMO, also the Amaks have a metal casing and feel a bit more solid.

I made different brackets for each, I tried to use existing bolts to attach everything.
  • Amak - flat sheet bent and painted
    • DEBFA790-7331-45B9-AE55-9B3F7095C3FB.jpeg
  • Xprite- some angle cut to size and sprayed
    • 0F90A888-C2CC-46FD-90B8-F29BB95E1389.jpeg

ricopenthouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8
Cool idea, especially convenient in the evening. Now I'm thinking of doing something like that, I have bad eyesight and always bumping into something in the dark =) I like tuning my car with LEDs, I installed https://www.vont.com/product/vont-car-smart-strip-light/ on the dashboard. The effect is very nice. I'll also give you a hint - when installing the lights, make sure they won't glare on the windshield - test them in a dark garage before finally attaching the lights. With dashboard lighting, this is an especially important point, because you can overdo it and make it too bright and blinding.
Sponsored

Last edited: