Sponsored

Under-backseat storage in 2-door JL?

Tiderian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon
Hi all.
I'm new to Jeeps and considering a 2-door JL.
Is there much room under the rear seat to store anything?

(I looked for similar threads but it seemed all were about the 4-door and I assumed the seat/room situation might be different.)
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi all.

(I looked for similar threads but it seemed all were about the 4-door and I assumed the seat/room situation might be different.)
There is a little space under the rear seat when it's down. I don't usually put anything under the seat because 90% of the time my rear seat is in the fold up position. I'd say stop by a dealer and check it out yourself to see if meets your requirements. Plus it's always fun to take a test drive or two while your there.

Some 2-door owners remove and store the rear seat for more space. I leave mine in for that 10% of the time I might have a passenger.

I am thinking of building a small platform/shelf for the area behind the rear seat when it's folded down. More for keeping the subwoofer clear and organization then anything else.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Hi all.

The seat sits nearly flat against the floor of the Jeep when in its normal position. I've managed to sneak a spare hoodie underneath and then close the seat on top of it, but that's about it.

The under-floor storage bin technically extends a bit underneath the seat and provides a good bit of storage space, but this is gone if you get the alpine audio as the subwoofer takes all of the space in that bin. I'm considering ditching the sub entirely in mine as it's a bit overpowered for the size of the cabin anyways.

That all being said, the "trunk" area is small on the 2 door but I've so far not had an issue carrying what I want to carry in it. Flip the seat for more space or pull it out for those extreme cargo situations.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Yeah not much room at all. Just remove it completely:like:

Reactions: apb

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hi all.

This reply is, I admit, tangential for a bunch of reasons. First off, I have a 4 door.

That said, I have two of these (in black) under each rear window seat. They fit like they were designed for the space.

https://www.amazon.com/G4Free-Tactical-Military-Messenger-Backpack/dp/B00OUFM6CQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3I1J8D1UOVALF&dchild=1&keywords=g4free+tactical+assault+messenger+gym+hiking+camping+bag&psc=1&qid=1571935411&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=g4free+tac,sporting,133&sr=1-1

As they collapse when pressure is applied to their exterior (when their interior is empty) they work perfectly when I collapse the seats.

I realize you asked about the space, not what to stick under it, and for a 2 door. I hope this at least helps as a starting point in your inquiry. : - )

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm hoping we ( 2 Door owners) get a mod to open up the cubby, like the JKs had.
Remove the muffler, replace with the "muffler de!ete pipe, and there could be some serious storage under the floor...

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping we ( 2 Door owners) get a mod to open up the cubby, like the JKs had.
Remove the muffler, replace with the "muffler de!ete pipe, and there could be some serious storage under the floor...
There is definitely a bit of room freed up with a delete.....

1FB46E0F-3383-4110-890C-31397B143D9D.jpeg