Sponsored

Uncovered 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicons hit the streets!

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Oh man. I'm a big time Granite Crystal lover but there's somethin special about the JLU in red.

Not a fan of the tailgate hinge being body colored but that's a super minor gripe.
Sponsored

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Now that Jeep has officially revealed the 2018 Wrangler JL, it looks like they're no longer shy about hiding their newest baby!

These are the first ever live looks at the totally uncovered 4-door Wrangler JLU Rubicons!

Enjoy! :involve:

(Click for larger view)

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-JLU-In-Public-1.jpg
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-JLU-In-Public-2.jpg
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-JLU-In-Public-3.jpg
Anyone have any idea if these are stock wheels or the upgraded package? I believe the high fender are optiond. Why equip with high fenders if it only has 33' tires? I am thinking those are standard fenders. Anyone know if those are the steel optional bumbers or standard?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Sure would like to see a side by side shot like on the 2 door

ColoradoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Liberty CRD
I'm definitely liking the body colored fender flares from the reveal picture better than black ones. I think I'm gonna go for body colored flares when I order my Rubi. Just waiting on news about the diesel, and what packages AEV will come out with for the JLU before I pull the trigger on one.
What kind of lift are you thinking of doing? I believe they are offering a lift at the dealership that will allow for 37".

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I can see why the press release from the other day states the JL will be able to fit 37's with just a two inch lift. Sooooo much room in those wheel wells. Yes, those wheels are awful and I also think the monochromatic tire carrier out back looks a little off.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Both look to have the hi-line flairs and the 33"/285 BFGs. The red one even has the white letters out - first time I've seen that. I wonder if there will be a different MPG rating with the 285s?
How can you see the size on the tires?!? They look bigger but I haven't seen any official specs.

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Why is FCA even waiting for the "reveal" on 11/29? Just give us the specs and start selling the bugger already!

Sponsored

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Both look to have the hi-line flairs and the 33"/285 BFGs. The red one even has the white letters out - first time I've seen that. I wonder if there will be a different MPG rating with the 285s?
So that is what a Rubicon will look like on 33s? I thought it'd be close enough to 35s. If those are the 33s I don't like the look. Might have to get lift and 35s

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I know we have seen many examples of the dealers being clueless during this transition period, but for what it is worth, the dealer I met with last night told me that the rear side panels on the new hard tops will be separate from the roof as well as the rear window. Making the “6 piece” hardtop we have been hoping for. Take it with a grain of salt tho
Sponsored