Unconnect 8.4" Issues

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I know this is an old thread but wonder if OP @JOKeefe ever found a resolution. I have this same issue on a 2020 Rubicon Manual Trans 3.6L with 8.4. There are other threads I have found but most deal with issues with Carplay or whataver and that isn't my issue.

Mostly happens while backing up or shortly after having backed up tand started going forward. Happens whether phone is plugged into a usb port or not. Sometimes the backup camera image freezes on the screen, sometimes it's a black screen and sometimes it's a blue screen. While it's frozen the volume and other controls don't work, though if the radio was playing it keeps on playing.

It takes a minute or two and then it reboots eventually and is fine for a while, maybe a month. But eventually it happens again. It has been happening off an on for many months but more often recently, maybe every week or every other week or so. Then the other day it happened four times in one day. So I finally took it in.

Dealer said they couldnt' do anything if they don't see it happening. They kept it for two days and could not reproduce it. Though they did update my software to latest. They told me to see if that fixes anything and if it happens again bring it back.
Sponsored

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update. The dealer updated my software on Friday and then on Saturday the Uconnect froze four times in a row in a daisy chain after I had left a parking space by backing up. I am starting to suspect that it might be related to my phone being attached via bluetooth.

I did have the usb cable, an apple brand cable, in the center console USB port but the phone wasn't conntected to it. Regardless the Uconnect froze all four times as soon as the page came up that has the contacts on our phone and it says "Updating contacts..." endlessly in the top in yellow.

I unplugged the cable from the port and I am going to go for a while and see if it freezes again. If it doesn't, maybe it was the cable. If it does, I might try unpairing my phone from bluetooth and see if that does anything.

It's a guessing game at this point. If someone had a bulletin can they share it because the dealer knows nothing about it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I know this is an old thread but wonder if OP @JOKeefe ever found a resolution. I have this same issue on a 2020 Rubicon Manual Trans 3.6L with 8.4. There are other threads I have found but most deal with issues with Carplay or whataver and that isn't my issue.

Mostly happens while backing up or shortly after having backed up tand started going forward. Happens whether phone is plugged into a usb port or not. Sometimes the backup camera image freezes on the screen, sometimes it's a black screen and sometimes it's a blue screen. While it's frozen the volume and other controls don't work, though if the radio was playing it keeps on playing.

It takes a minute or two and then it reboots eventually and is fine for a while, maybe a month. But eventually it happens again. It has been happening off an on for many months but more often recently, maybe every week or every other week or so. Then the other day it happened four times in one day. So I finally took it in.

Dealer said they couldnt' do anything if they don't see it happening. They kept it for two days and could not reproduce it. Though they did update my software to latest. They told me to see if that fixes anything and if it happens again bring it back.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have now completely un-paired my phones from the Uconnect blutooth connection to see if that would make a difference. But alas, no. Same day I unpaired/deleted the phones the Uconnect spontaneously rebooted twice while I was driving and the screen froze once while backing up and then eventually rebooted.

Second saturday in a row where it happened multiple times. I guess maybe I should take it in for them to try to reproduce on a Saturday, lol.
Sponsored