Unbelieveable Service (radio issue)

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Note to Alison: Thank you for being a part of this. It is reassuring to know that someone from JeepCares is monitoring what the "real owners of Jeeps" are saying and trying to help.
Sponsored

NickL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
So i hope @JeepCares can make this right. I don't usually bring up bad experiences but this is crazy. My JL wrangler GPS stopped working (the map was not accurate by ANY means). I brought it in to my local dealership and they said that the radio failed the update and that they would have to order a new radio. A few days go by and i get a call that the radio is in and i bring the jeep back in to install the radio. After the radio was installed, I brought it home and I called Sirus to transfer my sirus account to the new radio. Sirus informed me that the new radio installed is not the same platform as the old radio and that I would have to change my subscription which would cost me more money. I brought it back to the dealership and I stated that they did not install the same radio that was in the car prior to service. My local jeep dealer said that these are refurbished radios and they have no control over what platform radio they receive. So right now my Jeep is still at the dealership, waiting to hear back. You would think that since my Jeep is still under warranty, they would provide a brand new radio, and not an old, used, fixed up one.
I think that there are two issues here. When your Jeep was new the installed radio came with a S/N specific XM trial subscription. There are at least three different subscriptions and each has a different trial period. One is for several years. So XM sees the replacement radio as already registered previously and now owned by a third party. Thus any trial subscriptions would not apply and there would be extra charges. FCA should be able to make this right if they understand what the issue is..

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Note to Alison: Thank you for being a part of this. It is reassuring to know that someone from JeepCares is monitoring what the "real owners of Jeeps" are saying and trying to help.
Of course! I'm always happy to help.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored