Unable to order a manual transmission

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
I just spoke with Jeep chat and inquired why I hadn't received any correspondence regarding my manual order from 2/6. She verified that my order is still in "D" but that the build shows no delays. Wouldn't/Couldn't tell me if the manual was part of the hold up.
Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
The manual transmission shortage for both the Wrangler and Gladiator has been building for the last 120 days or so. The fact that FCA overbuilt both models in 2019 is the drving force behind the current shortage.

The fires that have started near the transmission due to a harness mounted too close to the converter has nothing to do with the shortage. The transmission itself is not the culprit.

We (Jeep dealers) have been notified that ordering should (key word 'should') be able to order in April.
Thanks Kevin for the update.

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
I am really getting more concerned about my manual order. Do you guys think it is possible to push them for incentives to decrease the price of the diesel because our orders have been delayed? That is really the only other configuration I would consider.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I am really getting more concerned about my manual order. Do you guys think it is possible to push them for incentives to decrease the price of the diesel because our orders have been delayed? That is really the only other configuration I would consider.
Nope. FCA may be able to sell all their Diesel Jeeps without having to discount them with some sort of incentive. Be patient, it sounds like we may be able to place our custom orders next month for a manual Jeep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wouldn't there have been a TSB for rerouting that harness by now ? Thank you for the heads up, a visual check is in order for those impacted..

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Wouldn't there have been a TSB for rerouting that harness by now ? Thank you for the heads up, a visual check is in order for those impacted..
It also doesn't explain the huge hole getting blown in the bottom of the transmission and owners' reports of transmission failure just prior to the fire.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Looks like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, wish I had been part of this forum sooner.

My story, on 02/17/2020 I ordered my Willys with the Manual Trans - gave my dealer $1,000.00. Few days later, I get the call "...order has been accepted, it's being built - should be 8-10 weeks".

With this info, I put up the vehicle I was driving for sell, as it turns out, I get a buyer quickly and sell the vehicle; borrowing a vehicle from a friend so I would have transportation,

About three days later I get a call from some unknown woman (she didn't introduce herself), tells me "...there is a problem and they can't build with the manual. She did offer that I could switch to the Auto.

I go to my dealer, speaking with my rep (he is a "sales Manager") who doesn't know anything about this. He makes a call and confirms the problem.

He tells me to wait, he is going to see if there is already one similar already built sitting on some lot somewhere", he confirms there is not.

I finally give in and decide to go with the Auto, I get the new build sheet, which is nearly $3,000.00 more - the were charging me full tilt on the Auto. I go into the dealership to have a "personal" conversation with my rep (I'm not a happy camper).

My rep wasn't on duty when I arrived, the two sales managers who were on duty, confirmed that my original build with the Manual was being built. They told me "it has to be being built because "it has assigned it a Vin # and a Build Code"

During this process, I had reached out to Jeep via email, I was contacted by the Corporate Office yesterday. I was told there is not a problem with your original build with the Manual and they will expedite my order. I should have it in about two weeks.

I'm as happy as can be - then a few hours later, I get another call from the same Corporate Officer, THERE IS A PROBLEM.

I left a message last night and again this morning. I'm still sitting here waiting to get any new information.

Bottom line, there is a problem with ordering the Manual Transmission. I don't think the information is reaching the dealers until an actual order is placed.

I'm also very uncertain if there is an actual problem with the Manuals - I don't see any recalls and due to my searching, I see that there are a lot of manuals sitting out there in the Rubicon's, Basic Sport's, etc, etc...

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
My salesman spoke with his rep at FCA and was told that there is a recall coming for the manuals. The delay is related to getting new/correct units.
That makes more sense than just a supply issue.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Bottom line, there is a problem with ordering the Manual Transmission. I don't think the information is reaching the dealers until an actual order is placed.
Dealers were notified by bulletin on 2/21/20 that manual transmission orders for JL & JT were closed

43A54AC4-6C4A-4848-806C-F73537504276.jpeg

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
I just spoke to a dealer in PA and he informed the 6 sp manual was “green”. I didn’t try and order yet, but see if anyone else can confirm.
Just finished ordering 60 Wranglers over the last 2 days and unfortunately the manual is not available to order in any trim level for stock or factory orders. I was able to secure a couple pre-configured Rubicons that are manual. Should have them here by the end of the month.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
My salesman spoke with his rep at FCA and was told that there is a recall coming for the manuals. The delay is related to getting new/correct units.
That sounds more plausible than anything else in this thread.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
@PaulwithJeep any news on MT orders?
Last I heard was in our sales meeting this morning. All they are saying is that it will still be a while before they can be ordered again. I will keep tracking this and let you all know as soon as the orders are available again. We have some manual options already on our lot but orders still on hold.
Sponsored