Sponsored

Unable to order a manual transmission

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
It likes to keep the rpm a little lower than you normally would in a manual, but you'll be pleasantly surprised by it's down shifting and engine braking, if not manual shifting is pretty snappy lol
Sponsored

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
I got the call from Jeep last week for the order I placed on 2/15. Asked me if I wanted to switch to an auto which I declined. If I am not going to get a wrangler in a manual I would get another Grand Cherokee with the V8, not a V6. I was told that it should arrive by June which works for me as that is when my current lease ends. Jeep also mentioned that have extended leases in the past for similar situations.

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2020 JLUR on order
I got the call from Jeep last week for the order I placed on 2/15. Asked me if I wanted to switch to an auto which I declined. If I am not going to get a wrangler in a manual I would get another Grand Cherokee with the V8, not a V6. I was told that it should arrive by June which works for me as that is when my current lease ends. Jeep also mentioned that have extended leases in the past for similar situations.
Interesting that they told you June. I asked several times and was told that they have no information on when production would restart and orders would begin to build.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Don't worry the zf 8 speed is probably the best (non-dual clutch regular torque converter) auto ever made. It's nothing like traditional slush boxes at all!
I hear the ZF auto trans is only for the diesel. JL gas auto transmissions are supposedly a different FCA design. Please speak up if I got this wrong.

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
I hear the ZF auto trans is only for the diesel. JL gas auto transmissions are supposedly a different FCA design. Please speak up if I got this wrong.
They're all ZF units, the 2.0 and 3.6 get the 850re. The diesel is getting the 8hp75.

FCA uses the 845re, 850re, 8hp70, 8hp75 and 8hp95, but they're all basically the same ZF 8 speed with different torque ratings.

AFAIK they've all been made by FCA in Komoko, IN since like 2014 but they're all ZF designs

Sponsored

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
They're all ZF units, the 2.0 and 3.6 get the 850re. The diesel is getting the 8hp75.

FCA uses the 845re, 850re, 8hp70, 8hp75 and 8hp95, but they're all basically the same ZF 8 speed with different torque ratings.

AFAIK they've all been made by FCA in Komoko, IN since like 2014 but they're all ZF designs
This. My build sheet states “850re 8 speed automatic transmission”. I know nothing about automatic trannies. I hope it’s good! Lol

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
Interesting that they told you June. I asked several times and was told that they have no information on when production would restart and orders would begin to build.
This was from my dealer who knows I need the car by end of June. She told me they suspect that it should not be a problem for me. Jeep Chat wouldn't tell me anything else.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Supply problems, low demand, dual- mass flywheel / clutch issues, might be a perfect storm brewing for the M/T.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I love my manual, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to conclude they aren't taking orders until they figure out and fix why the the 6MTs are exploding?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Anybody wanting a manual Sport, 2 door, 4 door, , JT as well .Cooper Jeep in Richfield Springs , New York has one of each. Very good to deal with, no games. 315-858-1350, Kevin Royce .
Near Cooperstown, NY, Baseball Hall of Fame

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
We ordered a JLUR 6spd on 2/6. So far we have not received any word from Jeep about our order. Jeep cares will only tell me that your Jeep is in the scheduling stage. The parts for your order are being gathered. They have refused to give any info on the trans status or even tell me an order code.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
How does a supplier not have a ETA?

Speculation...
Parts shortage due to coronavirus.
Manual transmission supplier looking into parts that failed and caused fire.

The manual transmission shortage for both the Wrangler and Gladiator has been building for the last 120 days or so. The fact that FCA overbuilt both models in 2019 is the drving force behind the current shortage.

The fires that have started near the transmission due to a harness mounted too close to the converter has nothing to do with the shortage. The transmission itself is not the culprit.

We (Jeep dealers) have been notified that ordering should (key word 'should') be able to order in April.
Sponsored